Mark

Mark assisted Alex and Shelly with a quiet obedience. The fear and anxiety he had felt at Alex's behavior and obvious possession had gone away. He felt calm. He felt right at home taking orders from Alex. He had a job to do, and he was going to do it and do it well. 

Eva had to be watched carefully. She had to be restrained. She needed help. Alex was going to make her all better. He was going to still the chaos in her head. She was scared because she was not herself. Mark didn't think he was hurting her, he felt he was helping her. 

He made sure to be gentle with her as he held her down on the operating table. He didn't want to harm her. When he and Shelly retrieved Quincy, he was careful with him, too. Quincy was only concerned about Eva. He didn't understand that they were trying to help Eva. They all wanted the same thing.

Quincy could be trouble, though, and Mark agreed with Shelly that they didn't need that, especially while Alex was working to make Eva all better. Soon Quincy would see, and then he would thank them. Until then, he had to be kept in check. He couldn't interrupt or harm Alex. 

After Shelly and Mark had tied Quincy to a chair, Shelly seemed distracted by something. It was almost as if she had seen something. When she asked Mark if he had seen anything, he was honest, and told her he hadn't. He was no longer concerned with anything supernatural. He didn't sense any sort of evil in the asylum. There was nothing out of the ordinary going on. Everything was fine, as far as Mark was concerned. 

Eventually, Shelly seemed to shake off whatever had been bothering her. She noted that Quincy seemed to be regaining consciousness. Mark didn't want her to be worried that Quincy would do anything. Shelly didn't need to worry. Mark would handle it. It was important that he be watched, so Mark turned his full attention on Quincy.

"Don't worry about a thing. I'll keep an eye on Quincy so he doesn't do anything dangerous."

He stood over Quincy, crossing his arms and watching the man intently. Quincy would not be causing any trouble tonight. Mark would make sure of that. He would not fail ... this time.