Shelly

As Alex stood over Eva with the medical hammer and ice pick, Shelly and Mark quickly dragged Quincy into the operating room and lifted him into a chair, tying him into it with several old curtains they had torn from the windows of the operating room, tied together.

"We certainly do not need this one giving us any trouble now do we doctor?" Shelly said, rubbing her hands together briskly, trying to get the dust and dirt off of them she gotten from the dirty curtains.

The chair was strategically placed right at the head of the table Eva was lying upon so Quincy could see her when he woke up.

Shelly watched Eva struggling against the restraints, her face beet red. Mark had placed a dirty cloth in her mouth to keep her quiet, as she had been screaming. Now all she could do was moan and groan.

"You really should stop making those noises, my dear. It will only make your throat sore, and all of that struggling will only tire you out, and make your muscles sore!" Shelly told Eva, patting her upper arm, and stroking her hair. She smiled at Eva, even though the woman was shooting daggers from her eyes. "Now, dear, giving me evil looks will not help you."

Shelly grinned, giving her patient's hair one more pat, then looked at Alex. "Doctor, when shall we be performing the procedure?"

She noticed Alex was standing on the other side of Eva, looking down at her, with the hammer in one hand, and the ice pick in another. His eyes were glazed over, and he was wearing glasses which he has found. The dated spectacles were covered in grime.

"Do you want me to clean your glasses so you can see better?"

At his nod of agreement, Shelly reached over to get his glasses. Suddenly, she saw movement behind him. Startled, she blinked her eyes to clear them.

"Did y'all see that?" she asked, taking Alex's glasses with a shaky hand. "Mark, did you?"

Wiping the glasses, she gave them back to Alex, and walked around the operating table. Not seeing anything, she shook her head, and decided it was nothing. Turning around to walk back, she noticed Quincy moving restlessly in his chair.

"Looks like our other patient is waking up!"