Quincy

"We could say the same to you," Quincy scoffed. "Thought there may have been a 6th party member floating around these halls."

Eva ran up to Shelly and grabbed her shoulders. Her gray eyes flashed excitedly. Quincy couldn't help but feel a little thrill of excitement himself. He tried to reason that it was just because the emotion was infectious, not because he actually thought there was anything worth getting excited over.

"Have you seen anything?" Eva inquired, her warm Southern accent tickling Quincy's ears. "We thought we saw someone, or something, earlier. Then we heard these bangs."

Shelly nodded. "Yeah, we heard the bangs, too. We haven't seen anything. Well, not really. Mark did catch something on his camera, though."

Eva's eyes grew round with curiosity. "Really?"

Mark took that as his cue to show Eva and Quincy the ghostly image he'd caught.

Eva vibrated with nervous energy. Quincy wasn't that excited about the "ghost." Before tonight, he had been quite skeptical about the supernatural. He still liked to think there was some other explanation for what the others thought was a spook.  

"What about those noises? Anyone know what made them? If it wasn't one of you, there is probably a squatter in here hiding from us," Quincy suggested.

Shelly lifted her head, looking Quincy in the eye. "I don't think so, Quincy. I think what we've seen and heard is definitely supernatural. On top of everything else, Alex ..."

As Shelly stepped into the light, Eva and Quincy saw her bruised and bloodied nose. She didn't even get to finish speaking before Eva descended upon her, examining the damage.

"What happened to your face?!?"

Quincy looked at Alex, then over to Mark, suspicion written all over his face. "Yeah, great question, fellas. What did happen to her face?"