Eva

Eva pushed around Shelly, ignoring the scowl shot her way.

"Never mind what you're doing here. Do you have a car? Can we get a ride back into town? Or can I use your phone???"

In her excitement, she grabbed the newcomer's wrist, giving it a shake. He looked down at her hand, his wolfish grin slipping. He pulled away gently, wondering just what he had walked into.

"Uh ..."

"Well, do you?" Eva persisted, moving a step closer. 

She tried to peer around him into the night, but he was taller than she. She stood on tip-toe, craning her neck.

"Um ..." The newcomer backed away uneasily and glanced over his shoulder toward the parked cars. "Don't you guys have a car? There's another car out there. Or phones? Everyone has a cell phone nowadays."

Eva huffed in frustration. She jerked a thumb in Alex's direction. "He has a car. It doesn't work. And a phone. It doesn't work, either. None of our phones work."

The new guy looked around, a strained smile coming back to his face. "Uh, hey, are you guys trying to scare me? You want me to leave?" He spies the yet to be erected tent in the middle of the floor. "Oh, um, were you guys ..." he wiggled his eyebrows, "... you know?"

Shelly guffawed, Alex stammered a mumbled, jumbled explanation, and Eva groaned.

"Ugh. No," she said, shaking her head, staring hard at Alex until he quieted. "We don't even know each other. We just all ended up here at the same time ..." She paused and looked toward a very stoic Shelly. 

Shelly raised an eyebrow, waiting for Eva to catch up to her own freaked out stage. 

"That's so weird, isn't it?" Eva asked.

"No shit, Sherlock," Shelly quipped, glad to finally not be the only one catching onto the unusual circumstances of the night. She rounded on the new stranger, her curiosity and distrust etched on her pretty face. "And now here this guy is. What's your name? Why are you here?"