| chapter ten |

{Narrator's POV}

"What?! That sounds so.." Drift stared, (y/n) sighed and rubbed her temples.

"I know, it sounds stupid, but that's like the most logical explanation I have." She said, Drift raising a brow.

"But then why are we still here if we're the ones being played on Fortnite?"

"Because.." (y/n) started. "I feel as if whoever has us both as their mains they turn the game off and not play it for a matter of time, and once they get back on is when we get sent back to 'spawn island'."

Drift scratched his chin. "I suppose you're right."

(y/n) hit the bed in frustration, the pang of doubt and anger hitting like a truck.

"We're stuck in here with no logical explanation. I just want to go home.."

"Believe me, I want to go home too. But with this new season out I don't think that's the case."

They both looked at each other in complete defeat, then, it dawned on them.

John.

"We need to go to Mr. Wick immediately, maybe he has some reason behind this?" Drift said, (y/n) nodding in response.

The two teens set out towards the basement, where John, Carbide, and Raptor sat. Looking for any reason as to why things are happening this way.

"God I just don't know, John. They're from earth, but they can't go back?"

"It's more complex than that." John said, Raptor tilting his head to the side, Carbide's body expression showing utter confusion.

"How though? They're literally teens from earth. It can't be any more complex than that!" Raptor retorted, John facepalmed and sighed hard.

"It's complex because we don't know how they got here, just from the rifts in the sky, it's as if time and space opened and brought them here."

Raptor shrugged and John continued.

"Besides, even if they were game ended the rift would most likely throw them back into the wormhole of time and space, sending them through the loop and bringing them back into our world."

Raptor tapped his chin. "So they're stuck here until we ACTUALLY know how to reverse time and space?"

"Yes. But we can't worry about that, they're here and that's that." John said, Carbide nodding in agreement.

Then, the two teens came down. The three men turned and stared at them.

"Ah, if it isn't Drift and (y/n), what's the matter?" Raptor asked, (y/n) tightening up. Drift sighed and walked closer to them all.

"We.. We wanted to know if you guys knew anything about why we're still here, you seem to have a more logical explanation than us both."

John and Raptor looked at each other, (y/n) stepped in and shrugged.

"My theory was that we're actually being played by someone else on Earth, and that even if we got game ended we would spawn back onto the island, until they took us off as their main?"

Drift nodded, eyeing John as his face went pale, the worry settling in the teens as he began to sigh.

"Actually, it's a lot more grim that that.."