| chapter twenty-nine |

{Narrator's POV}

(y/n) left that mountain in one piece, Oblivion seemed more understanding this time rather than sending her off with a fair warning or a bullet to her head.

"That was fucking dreadful. Now I really have to wait until this season is over. What week is it?"

(y/n) rubbed her neck and looked toward the horizon, she has no where to go, no one to hold onto, no one to rely on for help.

She was completely alone.

"Ah I wish the times were simpler than this. I miss everyone. Especially-" (y/n) stopped, her eyes forming more and more tears as she thought of the teen who she once enjoyed.

"Why do I always get so fucking sad?!" She yelled, slamming her fists on the ground. (y/n) continued until her knuckles turned a bloody mess.

It was absolute chaos, she felt so alone, Drift wasn't there to be at her side. His overall presence made her feel safe, warm, welcome. Now it was wasted.

"I don't even know if I love you.."

(y/n) watched the blood trickle down her arms, she sat in the open field for what seemed like hours. The unwanted pang of sadness kept hitting the back of her throat.

"Not now.. I need to get to somewhere.."

She stood up, walking slowly toward Salty Springs. Hopefully she can find some sort of shelter to bandage up her knuckles in order to keep going.

Back home, that is.

"God. I wish Drift wasn't such a hardass." (y/n) mumbled softly, looking up at the mountain ahead of her.

"I wonder if there's a post near there, maybe I can find something.." She quietly said to herself, looking around the area to confirm she was indeed NOT being followed or watched.

She walked for a good ten minutes and finally made her way toward the mountains post, finding a medkit, and a couple rounds of medium ammo.

"Ah, just what the doctor ordered." (y/n) thought to herself. It seemed pretty interesting how a simple medkit would be laying out there, but what was more to think about?

Home. That's all that REALLY matters at this point. Nothing more.

Once (y/n) was healed, she walked over the mountain and toward Salty Springs, making sure to watch over her head and back.

The walk over was simple, it seemed no one was around, yet.

"I just want to go home.." (y/n) said, she looked into the mirror of the houses main quarters bathroom and just noticed every little thing on her body.

Her (h/l) hair tangled and dirty, her (e/c) eyes bloodshot from the lack of sleep, her clothes all bloody and covered in dust, tears, mud, all the bad things.

"What a mess.." she mumbled, looking back into the mirror and raising a brow.

There was a reflection in the mirror, but who was it?

(y/n) froze and noticed the features. Those damned hazel eyes, the jackets and mask. Just..

Him.

"(y/n).."

"Drift."