| chapter eight |

{Narrator's POV}

"Help me save her.." Drift said, the pain in his voice.

He just watched the girl he met only a couple days ago lay in her own pool of cartoonic blood, waiting for someone to finally pick her up.

Drift watched Raptor and John take over, grabbing (y/n) and placing all kinds of weird shit into her, causing the life to come back slowly on her face.

Drift watched in doubt, how does someone become alive after that? How? What even is this Cartoon world anymore it seems.

"What.. what did you do to her?" Drift asked, looking at his blood covered clothes, John sighed and walked to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"We revived her, I never taught you how to do this in the game, and that's on me. I'm sorry we didn't get here right away."

Raptor hit John in the shoulder and the man looked at Drift with a pained look.

"We planned this. We wanted to see how you and her would do together on your own, it went a little too far and I regret EVERYTHING I just put you and her through." John frowned, Drift stared blankly at him.

"Look, kid." Raptor started, Drift looked at him. "We didn't mean for this to happen to BOTH of you, it was mainly a test and we took it too far."

"And..?"

"And.. Burnout and Skull Trooper had no part in this, we asked them a favor and they went with it. No grudge towards them, this is ALL on us."

Raptor held (y/n), the once lifeless girl, back to normal, besides the bruised face and blood.

"(y/n)." Drift walked up to her and pulled her into an embrace.

Shocked, (y/n) hugged back. The male whispered quietly into her ear.

"I thought I lost you.."

(y/n) felt a pang of remembrance, the slow beat of death hitting her face.

wait a second, does blood wash off easily in this cartoon bullshit?

"I'm sorry. I was no help, I don't really understand this cartoon hell yet."

John jumped into the conversation.

"WE thought we lost you. I'm so sorry I put you AND Drift through this. You didn't deserve that."

(y/n) smiled and hugged John, the man giving a shocked expression to the embrace.

"It's ok. At least I wasn't game ended."

Raptor coughed and they all looked at him.

"We should just head back. We can do actual training tomorrow, I feel like we need to just rest it off. Especially after you two, and your beatings." Raptor suggested.

All three of them nodded and they set the long trek back home, while Burnout, Skull Trooper, and Leviathan stayed back, healing up.

"Those kids have potential. I'm hating that we did that to them both." Burnout sighed. Skull Trooper rubbed his right temple and grunted in anger.

"I forgot they're from Earth. The video game is a lot different than actually being in here.."

Leviathan frowned, then spoke up.

"Let's not dwell on it. It was settled, let's just head back home."

Burnout and Skull Trooper nodded in agreement, both grabbing their items and walking alongside Leviathan.

"I just hope they're both okay." Burnout whispered towards Skull Trooper, he sighed and nodded.

"Me too. The regret and doubt are starting to flood me.."