| chapter thirty |

I'm hella sick with some stomach bug lmao. Gonna work on a couple chapters today while I'm in bed.

Also, listen to this song while reading, ITS SO GOOD. I remember Joywave before fortnite and just found this song after searching for a month. I highly recommend them, their song "Tongues" is good too!

Alright, enough of my rambling. Onto chapter thirty ;)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
{Narrator's POV}

"I'm coming back for you (y/n).." Drift thought to himself, the guilt and pain of not seeing her (e/c) eyed, mask wearing form made it worse.

The butterfly feeling he always got in his stomach seeing her made his heart race, his hands would tremble slightly at the thought of her being around.

Her soft, yet sarcastic and vibrant voice always made him smile under the mask. But it sent a frown, due to all the pain and anger he felt for leaving the girl.

"I'm so sorry (y/n).." Drift started to tear up, but he shook them away. There's zero time for crying today. He wanted to get her back.

No, he NEEDED to get her back. There's no in between.

He walked up toward the infamous mountain where the deadly duo Oblivion and Omega were. Drift wanted to get the revenge for what the "did" to her, there was no stopping him this time.

Banging on the door, Drift waited patiently for them to open up. The sweat dripping down his taped eyebrow, his adrenaline pumping as if someone was about to win a game in this forsaken world.

"Open up you fucks.." Drift muttered to himself. He could see a silhouette posted against the wall nearest to the door.

Raising a brow, Drift peered in closer and saw Oblivion holding a pump shotgun in her hands. She seemed ready to attack whoever was out the door.

"Oblivion, open the fuck up!" Drift yelled, the figure stopped tensing and called out to him.

"Why the hell are you here, Drift." She growled lowly, her voice sent a chill down his spine. Oblivion seemed ready to game end him the moment she opened the door.

He wasn't having it, though. Not today. (y/n) could've been game ended, or..

Worse.

"I know you have (y/n)." Drift gave off a more menacing tone, this time, Oblivion paused for what seemed like an eternity.

"I don't have her. Anymore, at least. She left hours ago!" Oblivion yelled out, her gun raised this time.

"Don't fucking lie to me, I'm gonna ask you this ONCE and one time only." Drift started, his words spitting out venom toward the female.

"Where's. (y/n)."

Oblivion sighed and dropped her gun. "I told you, she left hours ago, I don't know where she went off to."

Drift backed away and then rubbed the back of his neck.

"Then why did you have her?"

"Because." She started. "She was all alone in the outskirts of Paradise, bleeding from her head. I wanted to take her back here so I could fix her up and tell her everything."

Drift felt sick, (y/n) was hurt? all because of him?

"I uh.." Drift started, but stopped. The sickness taking over."