| chapter seventeen |

{Narrator's POV}

"I hope you're ready for this, (y/n)." John said as she was walking into the room, she looked at him and shrugged.

"I suppose so. What exactly are we going to do?" She asked, John and Carbide looked at each other and waited.

Then, Raptor AND Drift came down. (y/n) turned around and made brief eye contact with him.

"Well. Now that everyone is here, we can get to the real business. You both are going up there, and you're gonna ask Oblivion and Omega for more answers, they're hiding something and (y/n) caught on to it."

Raptor raised his hand and John nodded.

"Drifty here says he met a new friend that may have given a bit more insight on Oblivion and Omega's antics, she refused to come with, but asked a favor of these two."

John smiled and shook his head in amusement. "Great, so, I take it this plan is a go?"

(y/n) tensed a bit and Drift walked over to her, rubbing her shoulders to relax her.

She looked up at him and weakly smiled. "Yeah. mission is a go."

"Perfect. We leave at 5:30pm sharp. That gives us enough time to get this done."

Everyone nodded and went upstairs to the main living quarters, chatting amongst themselves while the time slowly went by.

- skip, sorry! -

Once 5:30 hit, everyone headed out the door and towards Snobby Shores, hopefully once and for all things can get settled.

The constant questioning the teens had over this whole dilemma has sent them off the walls. Frankly, it seems as if this whole crack into their world and Fortnite's was all on purpose.

Though, accidents DO happen, right?

It doesn't seem right to them.

"So, I know we're near titled towers and everything, but can we stop for a second?" (y/n) asked, putting her hand on her knees.

All four men looked at (y/n), the confusion and worry setting in.

"You all good (y/n)?" Drift asked, walking towards her and leaning down to her level. She stared at him and sighed.

"Yeah.. Its just my leg, I hurt it on something earlier, I just don't know when and where." She answered, clutching her left leg.

John came to her and observed it. "Yeah, she definitely jacked it. On what, is the question."

Drift looked at John and then chuckled. "I guess im gonna have to carry her until we can find some bandages laying around."

(y/n) turned red. "WHAT?!"

Drift picked her up and held her bridal style, her face becoming even more red.

"Drift.. PUT ME DOWN!!"

"Nope. I can carry you there." He continued to walk ahead of the guys.

"JOHN?! HELP ME! TELL HIM TO PUT ME DOWN!" (y/n) begged for John to come to her aid, but he shook his head.

"Sorry (y/n), but until we can find you some bandages, we're ALL gonna have to carry you. Besides we are like 45 minutes away."