| chapter forty-four |

Three Hours until Season Six rises.
-
{Narrator's POV}
-
"There's only three hours left. Where the fuck are the guys at?" (y/n) asked impatiently, her pacing making Drift tap his foot in worry.

"Relax, (y/n)." He said calmly, unhooking one lace of his mask to reveal his lower half of his face. (y/n) looked back at him and sighed.

"I'm just.." she started, but clamped her mouth shut in sadness. Drift took notice and held the female in an embrace.

"I know. We'll get home, I promise." The male reassured her. (y/n) smiled weakly and nodded, moving her dirt and blood covered hair away from her face. Drift eyed her toned figure and smirked.

(y/n) looked at him and grunted.

"Now is NOT the time to be checking me out, Drift."

Drift rolled his eyes and continued to smirk at the female's physique, the redness emitting from her cut and bruised cheeks.

"I like to think it's ALWAYS the right time, m'lady." Drift chuckled softly.

(y/n) rolled her eyes and looked around the mountains peak.

Still no sign of the guys.

"Fuck. You don't think?" (y/n) turned around, Drift looked up at her and then scratched his chin.

"It couldn't be impossible. But why them? Why now?"

(y/n) shrugged and eyed Tilted Towers, her (e/c) eyes lost in thought as she paid attention to the littlest details from the small city.

The oak wood "L" shaped buildings looked intact, but fragile to touch. The "Bass Pro" Shop was seemingly destroyed by the cube, just as the workers finished making the building back to what it was.

The rest of the buildings looking old and abandoned, once full of life on this eventful island. Yet, the whole "Battle Royale" scene made it seem like nothing was the same anymore.

"(y/n)? helllloooooo?" Drift waved a hand in front of the female's scarred face, her eyes lost in thought as Drift began to worry about her.

"(y/n)?!" Drift yelled quietly. (y/n) snapped out of her trance and looked at Drift, his worrying hazel eyes made the girl sigh with relief.

Things weren't actually THAT bad.

"You know.." (y/n) started. Drift raised a brow at her and fluffed his hair.

"I wouldn't mind.. staying here. You know? Everything is so.. peaceful." She muttered, staring back at Tilted Towers. Drift shook his head and looked (y/n) straight in the eyes.

"(y/n). Enforcer is getting into your head, you NEED to snap out of it!"

"Why? This is all just him being nice~"

"Nice..? What? No! (y/n), listen to me. You're in a trance, you're NOT here. Please, snap out of it. We're supposed to go to him."

(y/n) saw the pleading in his hazel eyes, her frown turning wider as she stared at him. The memories scattering back into her head like a wildfire.

"Drift.." she mumbled, the tears welting up in her eyes.

"(y/n).."

"I want to go home.."

Drift held the girl tighter, not letting her go. The tears slowly trickling down his face as he watched the time going by extremely slowly.

"Me too (y/n).."

"Me too.."