| chapter thirty-five |

Short chapter today, sorry! ❤️

{Narrator's POV}

The bus flew over the island slowly, all one hundred players in the lobby sat with their squads in hopes to finally grasp a "Victory Royale".

However, things changed inside the huge island. It was planned to find out what it is, or WHO it is.

Drift and (y/n) sat close together, their shoulders touching as the bus was full of others. John and Raptor did the same, though, the smirks that emitted off their faces said a lot.

"These two are seriously never going to let that kiss go." Drift rolled his eyes, grabbing (y/n)'s hand and rubbing his thumb against her palm.

(y/n) hummed, staring out the window as the bus slowly made its approach to the island. The smile not even close to leaving her face.

"What do you think happened on the island?" (y/n) asked. The three guys just shrugged and continued on, looking around the environment.

"I feel like something strange is going on.." she admitted, staring toward Lazy Links.

Then, something caught her eye.

"Is that.. is that a cube?!" She yelled, learning against the glass. Drift raised a brow and looked out from above her, he too, gasped.

"What the fuck is that thing?" He asked, (y/n) shook her head and looked at Raptor and John, they seemed intrigued by the teens talking.

"A cube, you say?" John asked, (y/n) nodded and pointed out the window. The cube was in plain sight, it's purple aura sending static toward the bus.

"Oooo John! Let's all go down and see it!" Raptor implied, Drift and (y/n) looked at each other and then sighed.

"We need to loot up first, I don't trust that thing." The female said sternly, watching as other players jumped out of the infamous bus. It's horn signaling the final time to jump out.

"Let's get going ladies, I wanna see this cube!" Raptor yelled and jumped out of the bus, screaming with excitement.

John, (y/n), and Drift looked at each other and shrugged, they too ran and jumped out, following the masked male toward Fatal Fields.

- skip -

After clearing the area of any squads, the four made their way toward the cube, feeling that static energy they once felt on the bus.

"This thing seems to have a sort of.. power, I just can't get through to it." John scratched his chin, observing it from a safe distance.

"Is it safe to even touch?" (y/n) asked, Drift nodded alongside her.

"It doesn't seem harmful."

Raptor sighed and ran toward the cube, John yelled after him.

"Raptor you idiot, get back here!"

"No thank you! I want to know what this thing REALLY does!" Raptor yelled back and made it up toward the cube, his body feeling lighter than a feather at this point.

Something was defiantly off.

With one step, Raptor touched the cube with his fingers, the cube made a large roar and zapped the male back to his teammates.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" He screamed in confusion and fear, rubbing his arm.

"Woah.." the other three said in unison.

Whatever this thing was, it wasn't happy.