| chapter nineteen |

{Narrator's POV}

After a long and bitter talk with the three, (y/n) and Drift seemed to be a little more animated than before.

However, it didn't change the hopelessness they felt.

The emptiness, knowing there's nothing you could do to leave this god awful island, the continuous nightmares of consistent lies and terror thrown at their faces.

They seemed crushed. But, that didn't stop them.

On a brisk cold night, Drift walked quietly to (y/n)'s room, making sure to softly shake her awake. Surprised, she stared at him in confusion and rubbed her bloodshot eyes.

She softly whispered to the male.

"Drift..? What're you-"

"Shh, no time to explain. We need to get out of here, we need to be forgotten."

"What..?! Are you insane?"

"No. Just knowing of what's right."

(y/n) gathered all her strength to grab her things and slowly leave the HQ.

They needed to leave it all behind, it wasn't worth the pain and suffering. Not after what Oblivion confessed to them.

"Over a stupid mistake."

"Omega and I caused more trouble, we never got to escape. Now, we're stuck in this fucking mountain. I want to seek my revenge on this forsaken game for taking that advantage, but, we're unfortunately stuck here."

Their consistent nightmares, the unwanted attention given, the hopelessness was unbearable. If they happened to start fresh. It may be a lot better knowing that they don't need to face the torment anymore.

While setting up to leave, Drift wrote a small note to the three, it was the least they could do for how they've sheltered and trained them to the max ability they can get.

Mr. Wick, Raptor, and Carbide.

For what it's worth, me and (y/n) are going to leave this please and start new. The constant torment of knowing you three won't/can't do anything is unbearable. I know it's not the best of ways to do so, but we're hopeless.

Please don't look for us, this is our final decision and no matter how hard you may try, we WON'T come back. It's too much to handle, knowing our mentors are helpless in this sort of crazed chaos that Oblivion caused.

This is our farewell. Thank you, thank you for teaching us the ways of this cartoon hell. Until we can get back to our real world, it's taught us so much and it'll NEVER be forgotten.

Thank you for EVERYTHING,
Drift and (y/n).

With that, the two set off into the islands massive form, not looking back. No matter how hard it was to say goodbye.

It was for the best, right?

"I hate to leave them like this Drift.." (y/n) mumbled, Drift sighed and squeezed her hand.

"I know (y/n), this hurts me more than I wished for it to. The three father like figures we had in this shithole, are now strangers."

(y/n) sighed and looked ahead, the islands moonlit form gazed upon the hilltops.

"I hope leaving this all behind was a good idea."