| chapter forty-two |

{Narrator's POV}

"I don't understand.. what the fuck is the Elite?" (y/n) asked, her confused eyes looking at Drift's, his face showed guilt, and anger.

"The Elite is a group of assassins on this island. I was recruited way before when this whole situation came into place, Enforcer went into hiding, as well as Elite Agent, Abstrakt, Dark Voyager, Archetype, you get the whole point of it."

John and Raptor chimed in, their worried expressions turned into confusion.

"How exactly were you in the Elite if you're from earth?"

Raptor nodded, then gasped. "YOU'RE NOT AN ALIEN ARE YOU?!"

"What? No." Drift rolled his eyes. "Before I was actually plopped into here, Enforcer managed to suck me into a small void, thus getting me into the Elite."

"but.." he started, "before I could actually do my tasks, the rift couldn't hold me long enough and erased my memory, I had zero idea until HE showed up."

Enforcer chuckled. "Yes. And it's a good reason as to why I'm here, I simply cannot let you go home, you're a viable use to us."

"Us? Who else is here?" John asked, Enforcer turned his cold stare toward the man in the suit.

"Nothing of importance. My point still stands." Enforcer looked around, then toward (y/n) and Drift.

"You two aren't going home."

"LIKE HELL YOU CAN TELL ME I WONT BE GOING HOME! YOU'LL HAVE TO STOP ME BECAUSE IM GETTING THAT FUCKING INFORMATION." (y/n) yelled, Drift held her closely and whispered into her ear softly.

"(y/n), please.. you don't want to do this."

"I can do what I want. This fucking prick won't keep me here!"

(y/n) aimed her gun at the man, his arms raised in defeat.

"Fine, fine. You win, I'll let you both go home." Enforcer said calmly, backing away from the situation.

(y/n) lowered her gun and tilted her head to the side, there's zero way she could pull that off so easily. But then again, Drift could sense when something wasn't right.

"Just don't say I didn't warn you..."

Then, a huge puff of gas hit the area, the teens coughed and held back tears as the gas continued to surge in their eyes and noses.

John and Raptor had been knocked out right as the gas hit the ground, Ancient Tomato Head watched in horror as they all laid there, gasping for air.

"D-don't just sit there.. help.." John weakly called out, his head lowering as he passed out.

(y/n) and Drift were already being taken by two men, their eyes showing no mercy.

Ancient Tomato Head on the other hand, sat there in disbelief. Enforcer looked back and walked toward him, patting his back softly.

"Nice work, it took longer due to the girl. But, I got what I wanted."

With that, Enforcer was gone.

"Fuck.." was all the Tomato man said before running into his temple, shunning himself from the real world.

Things took a massive dark turn. And for what?