| chapter thirty-six |

Figured I'd get out of my extreme funk and anxiety to make this for y'all. Sorry it's late. ❤️

{Narrator's POV}

"I don't understand.. why the hell is there a cube here? And what does it even mean..?" John asked, his hand caressing Raptor's arm. The male looked up at him and shook his head.

"Beats me, it doesn't seem happy. Is this something that's hunting Season 6?" he asked, John sighed and shrugged.

"Not that I would know, maybe the kid knows."

"Urm.. John?"

"Yes?"

"Which kid. There's two?"

They both looked up and the John grunted, pointing at Drift. His hazel eyes meeting along side Wick's brown orbs.

"Drift. Over here, now." His voice was stern and demanding, though Drift dared to not ask why such a tone. Messing with Wick was like wishing death upon your own self.

"Yes, Mr. Wick?" He asked quietly, the hesitation in his voice made John sigh and lift Raptor up.

"Do YOU have any idea what this cube is?"

Drift looked at it and then back toward the two men. His head bobbing toward the side. (y/n) took notice and raised her brow.

"Not that I would know of, this is news to me." He implied.

John rubbed his temples and looked back toward (y/n), the the female watching helplessly behind.

"(y/n)?" he asked softly, her frown telling the whole story.

Nobody seemed to know what this thing is.

"Unless.."

Raptor yelped in pain, his arm had a massive gash through it, seemed like the cube wanted to do a number on whoever touched it.

Rude.

"Well we better find something! I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I didn't almost get downed by the damn thing. We also need to finish our squad game!"

(y/n) nodded her head. "I agree, if we finish this first, can come back and figure out what the fuck this thing is."

Drift raised his hand, John and (y/n) gave a look to notify he was clear to speak. He coughed slightly and pointed toward it.

"I think I know someone who can help."

"Who?" John and Raptor asked in unison.

"It's a long stretch, but it may help."

Raptor got more agitated, he rolled his eyes and yelled at the teen.

"Don't just sit there and continue to egg it on! Who the hell is it?"

Drift shushed him and looked toward John.

"Ravage and Raven."