| chapter twenty-five |

{Drift's POV}

Walking around this entire island seemed like nothing but a constant, unwanted gut feeling that something in its entirety didn't seem right.

But what was it, though?

I walked around Lonely for the longest time, thinking about if I should go back to the three men that have saved my ass more and more times than I really wished for.

Or, to go back to (y/n).

"Ah fuck it, she probably wants to game end me by now.." I said toward myself, hitting the nearest tree with force, the anger just rising and rising.

It certainly didn't make a difference.

"Why did I have to leave her? Just.." I stopped, I had to think about my actions. Were they justified? Or was I being ignorant and left the friends I truly cared about.

It's as if I'm "drifting" away from everyone.

No. I can't think of any logical reason, I just can't! But. Why is it that when I'm alone, I feel empty? Like I'm missing something beside me..?

It's a mere thought. Nothing to take seriously, I need to find a way home, this cartoon hell is making me sick. I can't stay here longer than I have to, no matter what circumstance.

"This is just.. STUPID!" I screamed out of sheer anger, my blood flow speeding up and my fingertips seem to show off a bright red.

Yep. I was mad, and it was seemingly justified for my reasoning.

I left EVERYONE, from John, to Raptor, Carbide, Zoey, even..

No, I can't say HER name. It brings the overall sadness into my head, the mere thought of her being gone sends the goosebumps and butterflied feeling into the pit of my stomach.

Something I rather favored, but couldn't hold onto, anymore.

"For fucks sake.. I don't even like the girl. She was just my partner in this fucking death trap." I talked toward myself, looking around the dark and gloomy forest for some kind of person.

(I BEG TO DIFFER DRIFTYYYY 😛)

I can't etch that thought away, do I really enjoy her company? Is it her? Why am I feeling this seemingly dark pit of sadness?

"Maybe.." I slowly rolled off my tongue, then clamping my mouth shut. No, there won't be any explanation right now. My mind is set, it's to get to Oblivion and finally settle this shit.

Once and for all.

But I still have that hateful feeling in my gut, the overriding sense of worry and guilt. They're more toward the feeling of becoming something I wish to never be in this shitty game.

A villain.

But why would I become ANYTHING like that in a video game? If anything I'm better off the outcast, the odd one out, no one around me.

Nothing.

"Forget this, I'm setting off toward Oblivion. NOBODY-" I stopped, an overall unsettling presence hit me hard. Figuring it's another annoying duo, I turned around and dropped everything.

It was him.

"Hello there, Drift. Long time no see."

Fuck.