DENIAL

MATT'S POV

everlee, dragged madison off to some other part of the library, and now i'm starting to get a little worried about what's gonna happen next. she didn't look too happy.

ameer smacks the table with his hand, making me jump a little. "matt, what the hell is going on?" he whispers while he leans in.

i shrug, "i don't know. all i know is that, madison, is fucking annoying."

"call me crazy, but i'm pretty sure she's trying to do something to you and everlee. haven't you seen her?" bearface whispers, and the whole table nods their head in agreement. except for, joba.

joba scoffs, "oh come on, stop being so dramatic. she isn't planning anything."

"i kinda agree with joba on this one. i mean, sure, she's annoying but i don't think she's capable to plan and ruin something."

romil sighs, "just be careful around her, you and everlee started dating not too long ago, she can't ruin it for you two."

"guys, she's not gonna-" i'm interrupted by seeing, madison, walking towards us.

she's coming back in one piece so i guess, everlee, didn't snap. she also has this wide smile across her face, it almost looks forced. i look past her and see, everlee. i can't tell how she's feeling, she looks upset and angry at the same time.

madison, takes a seat next to me and right before i ask her to move, everlee taps on my shoulder, "we need to talk." she says softly.

i nod, and get up with no questions asked until, madison, grips onto my arm. "can't you both talk later?" she asks.

everlee, closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath, "i swear to god, if you don't take your fucking hand off-" madison, then quickly lets go of me before she even gets the chance to finish her sentence.

i follow, everlee, out the door and we stand outside the library. she stands in front of me, biting her nails while she stares at the floor as she thinks. i put my hand on her shoulder, and her eyes meet with mine, "are you okay? you're kinda making me nervous."

she forces a teeny smile, "i don't really know how to say this, but i don't think we should hang around madison anymore."

"you too?" i almost break into laughter.

she gives me a confused expression so i explain, "the boys think she's planning to harm our relationship, and i guess you really think that too."

"matt, she said so herself. she literally fucking told me that she was planning to take you away from me," she raises her voice at me, "don't be fucking stupid."

"she's incapable of doing any of that. she's not gonna do shit." i say. i really doubt that anything is gonna happen.

she sighs frustratingly, "can't you trust me on this? we just need to stay away from her."

"everlee, she's gonna be wherever my friends are. i can't stop hanging out with them just because of some girl that's gonna apparently ruin our relationship," i hesitate, but i'll say it anyway, "i'm pretty sure this is all just a jealousy thing."

she bitterly laughs, "jealous? jealous of her? very funny."

"sure, you're not."

"madison likes you, that's why she's always all over you. don't even tell me that you don't notice it, because everyone does"

"listen, it took me a long time to admit to you that i was even into you, what makes you think that something as small as this is gonna get in between us? i'm dating you for a reason. i want you, not her."

everlee doesn't say anything, and instead takes in breathes to calm herself down. i don't wanna see her like this, i want her to feel secure with me and with our relationship.

i put my arm around her, "ready to go back in there?" she smiles and nods in response.

as we walk back inside the library, i keep thinking about what the boys and everlee said about madison. now, i cant help but feel like something bad is gonna happen.

a/n:
so far school is sad as hell. also i'm taking french so once i learn how to say "math champagne, can break my neck" it's over for all you hoes