Man stealer

October 20th, 1986
Hawkins, Indiana

El had always had troubles with the popular girls at school, Joyce told her that they were all just jealous, but el didn't believe that. She couldn't understand how anybody could be jealous of her.

Whenever she saw the popular girls walking around at school with their long teased hair and their flashy clothes that exposed their skin, El hated her short curly mane and second hand clothes from Hopper ...They looked like they could snatch mike away from her at any moment if they wanted to. And she was scared of that.

One girl that El had always had troubles with was Jessica white. She'd had an unbearably obvious interest in Mike throughout the year and El hated that, even if she knew Mike would never rise to her advances.

««»»

It was another day in Hawkins, the middle of October. It was a windy, chilly day and el was on her way to mikes house so they could walk to school together, her bag hitting her back repeatedly as she walked.

She knocked on his door several times and a few seconds later Mrs Wheeler opened the door with a smile.

"Hey sweetie, mikes just finishing his breakfast, come in." She said before disappearing upstairs, probably attending to holly.

El walked into the kitchen where Mike was stood up resting his elbows on the kitchen counter, a waffle in one hand and using the other hand to flip through a magazine.

He looked up at her and smiled, he did this every time he saw her.

"You look cute." He grinned.

"Thanks." El smiled and blushed as she walked up to him. She was wearing her baggy blue jeans, barely being held up by an old tarnished belt, and a simple oversized top messily tucked into them. Mike was wearing some old jeans and a plain white sweatshirt, but El thought he looked nice. She always did.

They embraced in a hug and soon pulled away as mikes hands were still resting on els waist and her hands were on his shoulders.

Mike had changed a lot throughout the years, when el first met him, he was a small and skinny 12 year old boy with short straight hair. But now however, he was 15 years old, he had grown in height a lot, his shoulders had broadened and his muscles had gotten bigger. His freckles and facial features were also now more defined and his hair was curly and messy. El loved everything about him.

"Ready to go?" He asked nicely and el nodded. He got his bag and coat and they left for school quickly.

Before first period Mike and El met up with the others like they do everyday.
They were on their way to class but el cut off from the others to go and put some things in her locker.

As she shut her locker, she jumped slightly as she saw no one other than Jessica white stood next to her.

"What do you want now, Jessica." El rolled her eyes.

"I've told you this many times rat, but you chose not to listen. But you'll listen soon. If you don't stay away from Mike, I'll make you. You're always in the way and I never get a chance to talk to him. You better watch yourself or you'll pay the price..."

"Pfftt. Please. Mike would never go near you. I think you should take up a new hobby, being a man stealer doesn't really suit you." El gave her a sarcastic smile.

She shut her locker and tried to walk away.

"Home wrecker."

Jessica grabbed her hair and slammed her against the locker.