Promise me (ii)

This is a part 2 to 'Promise me' which is a chapter I published a few months back, so I recommend re-reading that one before you read this!

Enjoy!

««»»

Today was the anniversary of Mike wheelers death, 30 years from it in fact.

El Hopper sat for what seemed to be like months in front of her open window in her bedroom, however, she wasn't staring outside. She found herself lost in her own thoughts like always, and she was thinking about a certain person that day.

Her ageing face was flushed, and she melted into the memory's of Mike wheeler. It felt like she thought of him everyday, and she did. That traumatising night, where she lost her first love. The person who she'd always loved more than anyone else. Although it was 30 years ago, el remembered every second of it, and she always knew it was her own fault.

If she hadn't of led that loving boy into her own mess, he never would've got murdered right in front of her eyes.

You wouldn't believe it, and she can't really believe it herself, but El is married, and she has been for 16 years. She also has a 15 year old daughter named Alexis.

And a 13 year old son called Mike.

For years after Mikes death she always believed that she could never love again, and that no one was as perfect for her than Mike was. And she was right. However, she met a charming man called Joe 20 years ago, and he treats her well.
She has no shame in saying to herself that Mike was better for her, because there's no doubt in her mind or her friends mind about that. But she knows she loves Joe, just not as much as Mike wheeler. The boy who saved her life.

El still has her powers, and she's tried so many times to somehow go into the void and talk to mike, but its never worked, no matter how many times she's tried over these 30 years, and she doesn't know why. Maybe it just doesn't work with the dead. She would do anything to just see his beautiful face just for a second and tell him how sorry she is.

She's never spoken to her kids about Mike, she couldn't. They don't know about her powers, neither does her husband. And if she spoke about Mike it would somehow lead to that. She doesn't want to drag them into her black hole, she feels as if it would take them just how she let it take Mike.

"Mom!" El snapped out of her lasting day dream, and quickly turned around to see Alexis stood in the doorway.

"What's wrong sweetie?" El said calmly and stood up from where she was sitting.

"Can you help me move your old desk from your bedroom to mine yet? You promised you would do it today." Alexis kindly pleaded.

"Yes, yes of course. Come on." El walked over to the desk.

She was giving her daughter her old antique desk that she doesn't use anymore so that she can have a safe place to keep her art supplies.

"1, 2, 3, lift!" El and Alexis both grabbed the bottom of the desk and stumbled to get it to her room, but they finally did it.

"Now you look after this, wont you? It's very special to me. Try not to stain it with your oil paint?" El raised her eyebrows at her daughter.