Jealousy

Michael wheeler was an extremely jealous person when it came to his girlfriend, El hopper, and everyone could see that.

He didn't want to be, but he couldn't help it. He just wanted to be the one to keep her safe and always be the one that was always there for her, and he continuously had a looming fear of being replaced in the back of his mind which was the culprit for his jealousy.

This jealousy was hard to keep under control when it came to a boy called Harvey, who didn't know how to understand the sentence 'I have a boyfriend'.
He was very fond of Eleven and Mike tried not to let himself get mad because he was extremely nice to her, it wasn't like he had any reason to hate him, until today.

««»»

El was shutting her locker, when a familiar face walked up to her.

Harvey.

She enjoyed his company, he was very supportive and kind, but nothing compared to mike.

"Hey El, you okay?" Harvey asked.

"I'm fine thanks, although that history test definitely tested my patience. How about you?" El answered back as they both started walking down the corridor.

"Yeah I'm good...I know this is random but do you mind if I ask you something?" He stopped and looked seriously at her.

She was worried at what she was about to be asked, but she answered "yes."

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after school for a few hours?" He asked hopefully with a smile.

"Harvey...you know I have a boyfriend...Mike wheeler remember?" El sighed.

"Yeah I know! I just want to hang out as friends, nothing more." He chuckled.

El gave him an unsure smile.

"What! Boys and girls aren't allowed to hang as friends anymore?" He questioned as he chuckled once more and shrugged his shoulders.

Eleven thought to herself for a second, before answering.
"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll hang out." El smiled.

"Great! Wanna come to my house?" Harvey asked confidently.

"Sure." El answered quickly.

El looked away when she saw mike walking towards them. He gave el a hug and looked at Harvey.

"Um, be there at 5 El?" Harvey asked her.

"Yeah, sounds good." El agreed as he smiled and walked away with a wave.

"What sounds good?" Mike interrogated her.

"We're just hanging out after school." El responded to him, hoping he wouldn't freak out as they walked out of the school building.

"Oh? Okay?" Mike looked at the ground. He's recently trying to not let himself get jealous, or at least not show it. He wants el to make new friends too, even if that means they're boys.

"Don't worry mike, you can trust me. You know nothings going to happen." She looked up at him reassuringly.

"It's not you I don't trust. It's him. That guy really doesn't care that you have a boyfriend." Mike scoffed.