Heartless

"Congratulations, Adalet, you made it this far! Are you ready to take a trip to Inner City now?" Andrea inquired.

"I've been meaning to visit the Bazaar," Adalet answered.

"Maybe you'll get to see it soon," she replies, "I'll dispatch you with Amy, I want you both to witness the meaning of "Melting Pot" once you get there."

"Awesome, Adalet!" Amy cheered from beside her, "I'm so psyched I get to hang out with you in Inner City. You'll love it! It's crowdy and colourful, we'll take nice pictures!"

"Isn't it known for its immigrants?" Adalet asks recalling that fact from when she was looking for a place to live.

"Yes," Andrea confirmed before turning to the officer, "you should listen to Capt. Adalet, Amy. Inner City is not just a touristic place. It has always been a beacon of hope for many immigrants throughout the world. Russians, Chinese, Indians, Arabs . . ."

"Just like me!" Adalet cut in.

"Sadly this place is not without tension. The Chinese and the Russians have been stuck in a never-ending struggle for a while," she sighed as a knock sounded on her door, she waved the person in, "which is why I'm sending Hannah with you. She was born and raised in Inner City, so I think it's safer if she shows you the way."

"Hey, guys!" Hannah greeted as she entered the office, "let's hit the road and go to Inner City!"

Later on, in the heart of Inner City . . .

"I'm glad I was asked to show you around Inner City, Adalet. Trust me, this is the most exciting part of Pacific Bay!" Hannah promised her, "some would call it a melting pot, but there's more to it. Inner City is like a tremendous sentient kettle, a boiling laboratory of ideas for the future of Pacific Bay! Of course, it wasn't easy every day, living in these parts. But mostly I have good memories. . ."

As the three women turned down onto main street, Hannah paused her tour and was starting to look like she was going to be sick.

"Uh. . . Adalet. . . There's something over there. . . It looks like. . ." Hannah couldn't finish what she wanted to say, "eww. . . I think I'm gonna be sick. . ."

"Oh no! Adalet," Amy gasped seeing the scene before them, "this looks like a job for us!"

Adalet reached into her case and pulled out some yellow police tape. She handed the roll to the rookie and took the end of the tape from her.

"I agree," Amy says seeing what she was doing, "we'd better close off the perimeter and have a closer look at this!"

Amy and Adalet roped off the area while Hannah volunteered to call this into the station. Once the area was secured the cops looked around for evidence. First, they took down the poor lifeless body of a young Chinese girl who had been strung up on a line of lanterns. While Adalet was up on the latter, she grabbed a red with yellow polka dots scarf that was draped over the cable near the victim's head.

As they placed the body on the wet ground, Adalet looked around the area. Dean and Hunter had managed to find some clues for them. The Irish Greyhound had found a faded flyer under the body and the German Shepherd found some torn pieces of plastic a few feet away.

"That poor Chinese girl was hung upright in the middle of the street!" Amy exclaimed as Roxie pulled up in her van, "do you think it's got anything to do with that community feud Chief Marquez told us about?"

"Ugh," Hannah gags before Adalet could answer, "I can't believe you deal with such things every day of the week, Adalet! I'm sorry, but I'm going back to the station. I'll be better off in my office with my computers."