The Ship of Dreams

"Hey Adalet, you ever heard of the "Gigantic"?" Frank inquired.

"Wasn't that a ship that sank almost 100 years ago?" Adalet responded.

He nods, "she was the heaviest luxury liner in the late 19th century. They called her the ship of dreams! But the reason it is so famous is that she sunk after hitting an iceberg during her maiden voyage, even though her designers said she was unsinkable."

"OK..." she turned to face him fully, "so why am I getting a history lesson?"

"I'm telling you this because a movie based on this historical event is being made in Ivywood! This is gonna be the most expensive film ever made!" he declared, "so yeah, I know we've visited a lot of movie sets recently, but what say we skip today's paperwork and go have a sneak peek at the reconstruction of the ship? That sounds fun, right?"

She smiled, "it does... let go!"

On the Set of "The Gigantic"...

"Gee, it's cold in here!" Frank shivered, "did they turn the studio into a giant refrigerator? You'd think we were really lost at sea!"

"It's not that cold," Adalet argued, not effed by the freezing temperatures one bit, "is that someone floating in the pool?"

"Sorry what, Adalet? You found someone floating in the pool?" he says, joining her at the pool's edges, "well I'll be, that poor guy's got a distress flare thrust inside his right orbit! Didn't anybody tell the killer that distress flares are made for sending SOS calls, not killing people?"

"Apparently not," she replied, bending down to pick up a red gun, "and they left the flare gun behind!"

"How considerate of them," he rolled his eyes, "now we've got our murder weapon!"

"It looks like there's some kind of dirt on the handle of the gun," she noted, examing the item, "I'll try to collect a sample!"

"And this badge must have belonged to the victim... But we won't be sure until you've worked your magic on the faded parts," he adds as he picked up the badge, "well, looks like we're in the same boat again, Adalet!"

Adalet examined the flare gun first. There was a strange black, grainy residue on the grip of the handle, most likely left behind by the killer. She scraped off a sample of the black substance and transferred it into a petri dish for safekeeping.

"Nice work Adalet, you isolated some black grains off that flare gun the killer used to kill the victim. Let's ship this off to Yann!" Frank says as Adalet placed the sample in her case.

Adalet takes the ID badge from Frank to examine next. She grabbed her dusting kit and brushed along the front of the plastic. She recovered an image of who looked to be their victim accompanied by his name beside it and a job title below the image.

"Great, there's our victim's face on that staff badge you found on the crime scene!" Frank cheered, "so the victim's name is Fabrizio Gallardo, and he was an artist. But wait, what did an artist have to do with the Gigantic movie? And where does that lead us?"

"To Hannah!" Adalet declared, "she can find out something interesting or useful about Fabrizio!"

"Great idea Adalet, I'll ask the whiz-kid about our victim. So, how do you type a text message on this thing..." he frowned his brows in concentration for a minute, "got it! Hannah just texted me the poor dude's address. Let's go!"

They left the studio and Frank directed Adalet as she drove to Fabrizio's address. They soon arrived at the studio apartment and began searching the area where the painting supplies were kept. There was an unfinished painting on the wall that caught Adalet's eye, and a faded flyer taped to the window. Lastly, there was a case of overflowing painting supplies that could be hiding something.