Chapter 9

"Bad morning?" a voice said from beside my locker. I slammed my locker shut and glare at the boy in front of me, "Go away. I don't want to lose my temper to some unworthy person." I snapped.

"Ouch. That gotta be hurt." He chuckled.

I groaned, "Go away James." I said blankly, just tired already. He laugh and grabbed my arm, pulling me to a stop. "I just want to start anew with you Maddi. Is it wrong of me trying to make things right?" he asked.

"You have the chance to make things right last time but you fucked things up by going around and cheated on me." I said nonchalantly, "So don't go put the blame on me. If you want to blame someone, blame it on yourself or your fucking dick who you can't keep in your own pants." I spat.

I tugged my arm out of his grasp and turn around to walk away. Well I was a little harsh on him but compared to what he did to me last time, he deserved it.

I walk inside the class and went to the back of the class. I sit on the chair and put on my glasses. My elbow are on the table and I rest my forehead on my palm.

The bell rang and student start to walk in the class, laughing with their friends. Soon, Kat walked in with Hailey. I look away, not wanting to meet their eyes or talk to them just yet.

Mrs Burk walked in, looking all grumpy and Moody. I sigh and start taking out my notebooks and pens.

I could feel eyes burn at the side of my face,  I turn My head and met with Ashton's beautiful grey eyes. He's frowning but when he saw me looking at him, He grinned and wink at me before looking back to the front. I rolled my eyes but somehow my eyes met with Kat's hazel eyes.

She attempt to gave me a small smile. My chest tightened, I sigh and look away. Writing the notes Mrs Burk had written on the board.

"Okay class, read page 42 - 45 then answer r he questions on the worksheets I gave you." Mrs Burk announced. The class groaned silently while I just took out my textbook and start reading.

The bell rang and I gather my stuff and was about to grabbed my backpack when someone beat me to it. "Thanks." I said. Ashton just grinned at me and slung his arm over my shoulder.

"No problem princess."

I snort but didn't say anything. We walked out of the classroom and I saw Kat and Hailey waiting for me, outside. I sigh in frustration. I don't even want to deal with them right now.

"Madd-" she started

"Later Kat. I don't have time for this right now." I cut her off. She look at the ground and I just walk away, not once looking back.

"I don't know what happened back there but she did look quite sad though." I heard Ashton muttered beside.

I rolled my eyes, "Thank you captain obvious." I retorted. He laugh, "Chill out Maddi. What's life without a little drama?" he said.

I snort, "A little drama? Please, I'd rather being the drama queen than having this kind of drama." I stated.

He laugh and ruffled my hair, "Okay then. I'll be the king and you'll be my queen." he announced.

"Not a chance, Romeo."

He pouted, "But I want to be a part of your life."

I chuckle, "Where's Daniel?" I asked, changing the subject. He shrugged, "Something happened back at his home. Had to sort his shit out." he answered. I nod my head and walk in the class with Ashton beside me.

--------

As I drove off to mum's restaurant after school, I sing along to Maps by maroon 5. I've been avoiding the girls like a plague. And I'm more than grateful when the last bell rang, signalling the end of school.