Chapter 17

Alli POV

I watch as Maddi drove away from school. Instantly everyone start whispering and murmuring. I glare at everyone. Daniel sigh, "Lets get you some ice before you start killing the students here." he chuckled and grabbed my arm, dragging me away from the crowd and into the school.

The whole morning, Daniel would let me get to class only after the bell rang and will be outside me class after the dismissal rang cause he know I might just go straight up to people and knock the living shit out of them. Yeah, I've become that violent.

Lunch is finally here. Daniel practically drag me to his and Ashton's usual table seat. I sit down beside Daniel but my eyes search the whole cafeteria. My eyes landed at our usual table, Hailey, Lily and Kat sitting there talking happily. I abruptly stood up and make my way to them, ignoring Daniel calls for my name.

"We need to talk.  At the hallway." I stated once I reached their table.

I turn and walk out of the cafeteria, not waiting for their answers. I wait just few metres away from the cafeteria.

"You need to talk? So talk." Kat said once they reached me.

I look at her, my eyes emotionless. Hailey and Lily look at us nervously. "How could you do that?" I asked. "I always thought if James gonna hook up with one of us, I thought it would be Lily. Not you." I stated.

Lily cringed, "As much as I adore him, I'm not stupid enough to go behind Maddi's back." she mumbled.

"What I do is none of your business, Alli." Kat snapped. "Let it be between me, Maddi and James."

"You forgot me Kathryn."

All of us turn our head, Nate stood there with his arms crossed, hurt and angry expression on his face. Kat tensed. "Is that why you're so distant from me Kat?" he asked.

Kat lips quivering. "I'm sorry Nate." she whispered.

"Sorry doesn't cut it Kathryn. You don't just broke our relationship Kat,  you broke Maddi's heart too." He said in a cold voice. "I don't care if you hurt me Kat but Maddi doesn't deserve any of this."

"She have enough shit on her life right now, you don't have to add it. You're her bestfriend, you should know that!" his voice echoed through the silent hallway.

Kat cringed from how loud and hard his voice was. "I can explain Nate." she stuttered.

"Explain then!" he snapped.

Kat stuttered out words that we couldn't really understand what she's explaining. Nate sigh, "It's over Kathryn." he stated. Kat sobbed and held on to his arm, "No Nate. Please no." she pleaded.

Nate look so pain and so broken, "You manage to broke two hearts in one day Kat. Congrats." he spat bitterly and walk away just as the bell rang.

"Alli, you've got to listen to me." Kat begged as she turn to me.

I shook my head. "No. You listen, next time before you did something, think twice about the consequences." I said and walk away just as the students walk out of the cafeteria.

-----

The bell rang, finally school has ended. I rushed out of the classroom and out the front doors. "Alli! Babe, slow down!" I heard Daniel sweet voice called out. I stopped right in front of my car and waited.

He turn me around and grinned, "Leaving without me huh?"

"My best friend need me." I stated.

"And we're going with you." Ashton said as he stop right beside Daniel. I grinned and shrug, "Sure. I'll see you at her house."