Chapter 23

The bell rang, lunch time! Wooo yay!

I walk beside Alli as we make our way to the cafeteria. "Maddi! Alli!" someone called out. And by the sound of the voice, it's Hailey. We turn around and saw Hailey and Lily walk up towards us.

"Come sit with us, we all need to talk. Now." Hailey said sternly.

Alli about to protest but I shut her up, "Okay. Your choice. If you draw their attention, I don't know." I stated. We walk to the cafeteria in silence and sat across from each other, waiting for Kathryn to appear.

Alli already texted Daniel saying that we won't be joining them for lunch. Kat finally appeared and sat in between Hailey and Lily, across from us.

"So you want to talk? Talk." I said.

Kat rolled her eyes, "I want you to help me get back with Nate." she stated. I quirk my eyebrow, "What makes you think I want to help you?"

She smirk, "We all know what I'm capable of. You don't want to go through the hell I'll put you through." she said, smacking her gum loudly.

I chuckle, "You're so confident aren't you?" I asked.

She grinned, "I know for a fact that you and Ashton are together at this very moment. And I could destroy it with just a snap of my finger." she said as she snap her finger.

"Wow, I never knew you're such a bitch." Alli retorted.

Kat glare at her, "Shut up. This is between Maddi and I." she snapped.

Alli about to talk but I squeeze her arm shutting her up. I look back at Kat, "You can try and destroy our relationship but listen this, what happened between you and Nate, is your own choice. You decide to sleep with James. So Nate decide to broke things off with you." I stated.

She slammed her hand on the table, making everyone stop talking and stare at us. She stood up, glaring at me. "You're helping me whether you like it or not." she told me.

I smile and stood up as well, "I'm very sad seeing you like this Kat." I told her quietly. "The Kathryn I grew up with was never like this. Guess you've changed. I don't know what happened but you've changed. So much."

She scoff, "I just want Nate back. I hate you so much. You got everything. Everything. And I don't. You have your parents love you while mine don't. You got guys all over you but you're too obvlivious about that! Nate is all I have! You can't make him stay away from me." she shouted.

I take deep breath, trying to calm myself. "You created your own messed Kathryn. You did this all on your own. I didn't get everything Kat. I want us to stay forever, but look at us. We barely stood together as one. We're drifting apart. I don't know what saddened me most, you're changing or our friendship failing." I said. My voice are hard and cold. I grabbed my backpack and walk out of the cafeteria.

"Hey! Wait up!" Nate called out.

I turn around, trying to hold in my tears. I really don't want to cry but being me and losing my friends that I practically grew up with, I'm pretty sure everyone will cry too.

"Hey it's okay. I'm here for you, like I always do." Nate said as he wrap his arms around me. A sob finally escaped my mouth and I cried on his chest. He stroke my hair and rest his chin on my head.

I let out a quiet sob before finally calming down. I stayed on his embrace for another minute before finally pulling away, wiping the tears.

"Sorry about the shirt." I said.

He waved me off, "Nah It's okay." he said. I notice that Ashton, Alli and Daniel stood a couple of metre away staring at me. Though, Ashton look a little bit on edge like he's ready to kill. He composed himself before walking toward me and cupped my cheeks.