Chapter 29

Maddison POV

"Nathan! Alli escaped!" I called out as soon as Alli is out of my grip. Nate yelled something I couldn't understand and we chase her around the house.

And yes, all the while Ashton, Dan and Andrea is in the living room.

We finally get Alli in the tub full of ice. She cursed us but soon enough calm down and her muscles relax, like finally. "Are you cool now?" I asked.

She nod her head as she draw the curtains on so she could strip off her already wet clothes. "I still hate you guys for this." she called out.

I chuckled, "Sure of course."

I walk out of the bathroom to get her some clean clothes. I pull out my denim shorts and tank top and walk back to the bathroom. "I'll put the clothes beside the sink okay?" I called out.

I walk back out and changed into my spaghetti top and shorts and walk out the room. I walk downstairs and put my hair up in a bun.

"Look what I did last night is a low blow but you have to listen to me." I heard Ashton said.

I turn the corner and sit beside Nate on the loveseat and crossed my arms. "You'll have 5 minutes to explain."

"I was in some sort of gang. And I never knew what I've gotten yourself into until Jack pointed that out at the hospital when mum gave birth." he rushed out. I open my mouth to say something but he cut me off. "So I did which is so stupid of me. He came up with the idea to make you think as if you're just a game to me which you are not. But honestly, you mean the world to me."

"Until this morning Daniel told me that they already had their sight set on you and I have to keep you close to me so I know you're safe. Please believe me." He rushed out and pleaded at the end. I stare into his eyes and I know he is telling me the truth.

I sigh and let my hand fall to my lap. "I understand where you come from. You just want to keep me safe,I get it. But making me think you took me a game? Really? You don't have to broke my heart Ashton. You could tell me the real reason and I would have respect your decision. But doing what you did last night? That's not cool Ashton." I said.

He ran his hands through his hair, "But if I tell you the truth, would you really accept it and not coming back to me?" He asked quietly making me stop and think.

I stood up, "Maybe I won't But I'll learn how to move on." I answered. "Just like how I've learned to move on from yesterday. You should leave."

"Mad-" Dan said.

"Leave! Please!" I yelled out, cutting him off. They sigh and walk out. Andrea stare at me for a moment before sighing and walk out. "I'll protect you and keep you safe Maddi. I'm really sorry I broke your heart." Ashton said softly.

When I heard the front door close quietly, Nate stood up and grab my shoulder, staring into my eyes. "You'll be fine. Everything will be okay." he said and pull me in for a hug.

A single tear drop from my eyes and I let out a quiet sob. He sigh and stroke my hair, calming me down.

"Ahh... what did they do this time?" I heard Alli asked. I sniffed and wipe my tears away. "They did nothing Alli. It's just me." I told her. She sigh and walk over to me and hug me.

"What am I ever going to do to you?" she whispered. I shrug and rest my head on his shoulder. "Did I make the right decision guys?" I asked quietly.

"Did I make the right decision by pushing him away?" I asked.

Nate laugh and Alli chuckled, "You stupid woman. If he's yours, he'll come back. If it's meant to be, it will be alright?" She whispered.

"Look who's talking!" Nate exclaimed, "The cupid or love guru! Woo." he teased.