Chapter 22

"I think this one is better." Ashton said as he held out The conjuring movie. My eyes widen and I shook my head, "No. Not in a million years. Don't know why but that movie give me the creeps." I stated.

He laugh, "Don't worry I'll protect you." he told me. I rolled my eyes. "No ash. I'm not up for a scary movie."

"Fine." he grumbled. "Okay, how bout this?" he said as he held out the fast 5 movie. I grinned and nod my head. "Yes yes!"

He fist pump, "Thank god! I thought I have to survive watching some chick flick movie." he said.

I look at him bored. "Seriouly Ashton? Don't act like you never watch a romance movie and enjoy it." I teased.

His ears turn red. "Aww you're blushing." I coed and pinch his cheeks. He scowl and swat my hand away. I laugh and kiss his cheeks causing him to look at me in surprise.

I rolled my eyes and went to sit on my bed. A faint smile appear on his face before he put in the DVD and hit play. He went to take a sit on the bed beside me and scoop a spoonful of ice cream and shove it in his mouth, staring intently at the screen. I rolled my eyes and decide to concentrate on the movie too.

An hour or two later, the movie ended. "That's so good! I can't wait for the next one." he exclaimed excitedly.

I sigh, "I'm sleepy already. And its only 9pm." I cried out.

He snort, "There's school tomorrow. I want you to meet Sophia."

"Who's Sophia?" I asked, feeling this weird feel in my stomach and chest. He rolled his eyes, "My cousin." he stated.

I let out a sigh in relief. He look over at in amusement. "Why? Are you jealous Maddison?" he teased.

"Whaaaat? Jealous? Pffffft no." I lied. He chuckled, "Whatever let you sleep at night Angel."

We went downstairs and had a little snack when dad walks in. He were having a toast with egg and cheese. "Come on. You gotta try this." He said.

I scrunched up my nose, "No way in hell I'm gonna eat that." I stated firmly.

He rolled his eyes and cup my chin with one hand, trying to get me to open my mouth. "Come on, try the toast." he whined.

Someone cleared their throat making him stop squishing my face. He turn around giving me a full view of my father. His eyes were shine with amusement.

"Didn't know you forgot how to eat sweetie."

I groaned and covered my face in embarrassment. Ashton laugh, "Its nice to see you again Mr Corby." he said politely and formally. hmm didn't know he knew the meaning of polite, I retorted in my head.

Dad waved his hand, "Just call me Pete. Or in near future call me dad." he said and wink at me.

"Daaaaaad!" I whined. He laugh and walk over to me, kissing my forehead, "I'm just joking honey. I'm gonna go take a shower." He said and walk out.

"Make yourself at home Ashton! Just don't give me grandchild just yet!" he called out.

Ashton laugh while my face turn bright red making Ashton laugh harder. He slung his arm around my shoulder, "Don't worry honey. I still like you." he teased and pinch my cheeks.

My stomach fluttered with butterflies and my heart beat fast. "D-don't say that." I stuttered out. I quickly stood up and make a move to get out of the kitchen but he grabbed my arm and pull me back.

"Why not?" he asked, curiously.

I shook my head, "I don't want to lead you on. I like you but I don't want to keep you waiting for me at the same time. I messed up and I don't want to bring you down with me." I rushed out.