💜 Perfection 💜

Jungri angst + fluff

Warning ahead ⚠️
- long story (2k)
- grammar mistakes
- very awful ending

"Okay girls, you can rest for now. We will head to your dorm, so just sleep until we arrive. I will wake you up later."

Their manager said, and all of them quickly took their blankets before wrapping themselves.

Not until a few seconds, their snores already could be heard in the van.

Their manager shook his head, watching them entering their dream world. But there is nothing to blame, they have been working so hard.

After confirming that all of them are comfortable, he turned around, resting his head against the seat, probably going to take some nap too.

Little did he know, there is a person who can't fall asleep, and opened her eyes once he was not looking.

She looked out, staring at the dark night sky. Something is bothering her, and she can't help to get over it.

Why can't I put much efforts in this comeback? It feels like my soul is not with me, it feels empty.

This is depressing. She had tried to put effort, but she just can't.

She could clearly remember the title of the video that she just watched earlier.

Yeri was bashed by netizens for sabotaging Red Velvet's synchronizations in 'Power Up' choreography.

She feels guilty. Does she lacks that much?

They said that her dance was off beat. That she should practice harder. That she sabotaged their stage. That her dance has no impact.

After watching her own fancam, she knew that she is really lacking. It looks like she really doesn't put any energy in it, as if she doesn't care about how her dance was like.

She closed her eyes, breathing deeply.

-

Yeri opened her eyes, only to see the darkness surrounding the room. She checked on Sooyoung who is obviously still in her deep sleep on her own bed.

Making sure that she doesn't wake her roommate up, she sat up, grabbing her phone which placed beside her pillow.

4:05 a.m

She rubbed her face, before standing up. She washed her face in the bathroom, before changing her pajama to a crop top and a grey hoodie.

Wearing her favourite label cap, she took her leave after leaving a sticky note beside the main door.

-

She dropped herself on the floor, sweating hard. She swiped down the hoodie zip to reveal some of her skin, probably trying to rid of the sweat.

Guess what? She has been practising for 3 hours nonstop.

Her phone suddenly rang, shouting for her attention. She struggled to take the phone out from her pants.

She slid the accept button after seeing the dialer's name. "Hey."

"Yerim, are you busy today?"