Unwanted Change

The next morning, I had woke up very early as I was in a constant state of panic about what to do about the kiss. I had left Rye's room where he was sleeping and had now relocated into the kitchen where I sat on the kitchen floor biting my nails anxiously. Later, Rye woke up and found me sitting on the floor. "Are you okay Andy?" He asked pulling me up on to my feet.

"Yes" I lied, smiling at him and trying to avoid eye contact. "We need to talk" he sighed. My hands started shaking and I began to panic as I followed him back into his room and sat beside him on his bed. "Do you like Mikey" he said sadly looking down at his lap. "What? No, no, never" I said moving closer towards him. "He likes you" he said looking up at me, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"But I don't like him back" I told him, reaching to hold his hand. "I love you, your my boyfriend. Mikey's my friend" I stated as I began to cry but trying to smile through the tears. He smiled back and let his head fall into the crook of my neck as I stroked his hair. I tried to think about how much I love him and block out my worry about telling him Mikey and I's kiss, but I just couldn't.

I was afraid. Afraid to lose him, and possibly break the band up more than we already have with all the drama. I love him so much he's the most amazing person I've ever met and he doesn't deserve his heart broken by a kiss that lasted less than a second. He believes nothing's going to change between us, but if I tell him, everything will change. And I do not want that to happen.