Crying

"Rye just sit down and I can explain" I pleaded as he began backing away again. "I- I have to go" He stammered then turning around and walked speedily away from me, I dropped my head into my hands as I relived what just happened in my head. Come back I thought.

Rye's POV*
I felt like I was compelled to leave the situation. As I walked away I tried to decide what I was feeling in that moment, I couldn't quite understand whether I was feeling sad, jealous or angry. All I knew was that Andy had revealed a painful secret, and I wished I hadn't bugged him to tell me about.

I managed to get far away from that dreadful bench and into a small café where I sat in the bathroom and cried. I tried not to cry, I tried not be weak and sensitive but I couldn't stop the agonising tears from flowing down my cheeks. I had to release my pain somehow.

I looked in the mirror at the heartbroken person staring back at me. I could barely look at myself. I turned my face away from the mirror and leaned down to the sink and turned the tap on, splashing my face with the ice cold water. Then looking back up at the mirror, noticing the redness in my face start to slowly disappear.

I sat down on the floor and sighed. It was Andy's choice to not tell me. Did I do this? Did I cause Mikey to like him?, I thought as I began to cry again, sniffing and wiping the tears away. When I heard a quite knock on the bathroom door that frightened me. I quickly stood up and in the most normal sounding voice I said "hello?". "Hi, dear. Are you okay?" I heard from the other side of the door.

I sniffed and said "yeah, I'm fine", smiling; even though I knew they couldn't see me. I looked back into the mirror, I didn't look like I'd been crying so I slowly opened the door. I saw a kind old lady with a concerned look on her face, "I'm okay" I smiled. She sighed and smiled back, placing her hand on my arm. Then I walked out of the café and into the busy street.