Hoodie

I had to go back to the apartment, although I tried to stop myself. I knew Andy would be waiting there for me, Mikey would be there comforting Andy and I'd be entering my "home". After crossing the street I looked around me, viewing the happy couples and people with cute dogs. I envied their happiness which I was no longer feeling.

I reverted my eyes away and pulled my phone out my pocket to order an Uber, then I sat down on the short brick wall and waited. Eventually, it turned up and I jumped in, then it travelled to the apartment where I got out and stood before the building. I sighed and pushed the door open and made my way up to the room.

I got to the door and slowly opened it. To my surprise, the room was silent. I slowly walked into my room where I waited for them to appear. After fiddling with my fingers and doubting my decision to return here, the front door freaked open. I got up and approached the unknown identity of the person who just entered. It was Mikey.

He had a large grin on his face, but as soon as he noticed me standing in the hallway, it disappeared from his face. I walked over to him and pulled him into my room and slammed the door behind me. "Rye, uh- your back" he muttered, "Mikey. I don't want to lose you as my friend, but Andy is my boyfriend. You get that, right?" I stated trying to make eye contact with him.

"I do. I'm sorry Rye. I'm sorry I kissed him, I'll never, ever, ever do that again. You're my best friend and I don't want to lose you either" he truthfully said as he got closer to me and hugged me, but I stepped away. "I just need some time away from everything. I'm going to stay in a hotel a few minutes away from here, I came here to talk to you but also to pack some things" I said. "I understand" he said sadly.

He left the room and I began grabbing a few hoodies out my closet and stuffed them into bag. I was just about to leave when I stopped. I looked back and saw the hoodie Andy had been wearing on the floor beside the closet. I tried to walk out the door and leave it behind, but I couldn't; I needed it. I ran over and picked it off the floor, his scent still lingering on it, then I put it in my bag and ran out the door, quickly saying bye to Mikey as I closed the door behind me.