Songbird

❤️💜MMMMMM 14K💜💜

---Geno's POV----

I woke up to find myself alone in bed. Reaper wasn't pressed into my side like usual, he wasn't even in the bed. I was completely alone in my room. Glancing at the alarm clock on the bedside table the big red lettering of 6:37 AM greeted me.

The air was cold, and I shivered, pulling the blankets up around me as I sat up on the bed, looking around for my deathly lover.

"Reaper...?"

No answer.

I blinked, shifting out of bed as I walked over to the chair in the corner of the room where my clothes had been folded up ready. I quickly changed onto them before walking over to the door, peeking down the hallway as I looked for Reaper.

He was still nowhere to be seen.

I glanced into Goth and Raven's shared room, checking that he wasn't cuddling one of them or something.

The two of them were curled up in their separate beds, small frowns on their face as they slept. Goth was completely tangled up in the sheets and half falling off the bed. Raven was just curled up in an almost protective ball under the blankets.

I walked into the room, just wanting to quickly check they were okay. The constant memory of that creepy fucker asking about our kids still properly creeped me out. And now I'm constantly worried about them.

At the time Reaper had summoned his scythe and swung it at the creep when he'd suddenly just ran into the house, but they just fizzed and disappeared. We have no clue where he's gone, and quite frankly, we don't want to.

I shifted goth so that he was fully on his bed and then untangled his blanket, tossing it over him. "That's better."

Turning around, I walked over to Raven, petting him on the head gently as I smiled.

Ravens always been a more peaceful sleeper. Goths a little wild to say the least.

I blinked, narrowing my eye as I heard a noise from downstairs ring out. I quickly walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me before stealthily creeping down the stairs.

The sound of shuffling paper could be heard, along with the apparent clink of a mug.

I stepped into the living room suddenly, not really knowing what to expect.

The person on the sofa let out a yelp, nearly dropped their coffee all over some paperwork, and then proceeded to fall off of the sofa.

I blinked. "Reaper?"

The cloaked officer groaned from the floor, pushing himself up to his feet as he smiled weakly. "Hi?"

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously, glancing over the paper files. Upon seeing my name on a few of them I narrowed my eyes, scanning over all of the papers.

Reaper chuckled, picking up his pen from the floor. "I didn't think you'd remember."

"...Remember what...?"

"It's your last day."

I blinked rapidly, going completely poker faced. "Last day of what?"

Reaper snorted before pulling me down to my side, smirking. "Your last day on house arrest~"

I froze for a moment before glancing down at the papers. "Wait really?!"

Reaper nodded, kissing my cheek. "This is the last day of your sentence Gen, you'll be free after this."