-

"crazy doesn't deserve to live."

• • •

"could i borrow a pen?"

he momentarily paused. the familiarity of the voice rung through his ears. soft and delicate.

haechan ruffled through his bag and found a black pen.

"for the person who called me a manipulative liar, you gladly can take my pen," haechan scoffed placing the pen on the table.

she didn't dare retort back. not wanting to cause any more trouble, her lips zipped up. however, she still felt regret lingering in her stomach. she wanted to apologise.

she wanted to go back to him.

taking a quick glance at him, she saw a glimpse of the drawing he was currently sketching.

guilt overpowered her.

it was her and renjun hugging.

"you like it? because i don't," haechan spoke quietly. the quality of his voice became husky and low.

he knew. he knew every thought and action she would do. it was just the fact that he couldn't understand how she felt.

lack of empathy.

she quickly averted her eyes to the board.

"they say you have two lives. one when you die physically and one when you die mentally. sad to think that i am slowly reaching that point."

"stop."

somi was now on the verge of breaking down. she tried to concentrate on the board.

he hummed a single tone pretending not to know.

"you're crazy and you know it," she snarled.

it was the first time haechan had seen her act this way.

poison water.

"did renjun brainwash you? you realise he was friends with me before i even met you? he got angry at me for a reason that i can't disclose and betrayed me. you shouldn't trust people so easily," haechan said staring into her watery eyes.

"you seriously have issues. you told me to leave and so i did. why are you coming back?" she spat back.

"oh please, you can't run from the game you started."

"leave me the fuck alone," the words effortlessly spilled out of her lips.

"oh! and she swears too. looks like renjun's rubbing off on you."

"lee haechan. kim somi. detention after school." mr polis shouted.

of course everyone turned around to see the girl with flushed cheeks and the boy with the hoodie in the middle of summer.

"seems like fate isn't letting us apart," he winked as he closed his books finally turning to the board.

ring.