quatre

i tried everything to escape,

from myself.

+

somi entered the class to see a bottle of water on her table with a sticky note.

hey, think of this as a thank you gift.
-chan

she smiled brightly, therefore beginning her day off to a great start even though it was her who should have repaid the favour.

it soon became lunch. the daily routine of stealing renjun's sandwich and buying chocolate milk didn't happen once haechan was here.

haechan had invited his own friends over, mark and jeno.

and it just so happened that renjun was close friends with jeno, leaving mark, haechan and somi alone.

"why are you friends with haechan when he's a year below you?"

mark was intrigued by her unfiltered speech.

"and why does that matter?" mark responded.

mark pulled haechan into a side hug wrapping his arm around his waist.

"we're this close."

for some reason, jealousy rose up in her blood even though it was child's play.

her fingers started to curl up yet her smile on her face never disappeared.

haechan had a glance at somi and decided to play along. he had a mischievous glint in his sparkly chocolate eyes.

he snatched a kiss on mark's cheek leaving mark flustered.

"this close," haechan eyed somi carefully.

"i see."

but all somi was thinking was that she could be that close to haechan.

"dude! no homo!" mark whisper yelled.

haechan raised his hands up in defence before attempt once again. only this time, it was somi that tried to intervene.

haechan intertwined his long slender fingers with her short small hands.

somi wanted to believe that she could feel sparks electrifying in her body.

"maybe you might be able to be that close to me one day, somi."

the way her name rolled off his tongue effortlessly was as smooth as butter.

ring. (ding dong...)

somi fell deeper in his trap whenever she conversed with haechan. each of his plans were calculated precisely.

the little naive girl was falling further and further until she hit rock bottom.

[EDITED]