deux

lack of empathy,

was just

one of the signs,

she ignored.

+

"it's so hot today, how are you still wearing a hoodie?" somi panted while airing herself with her little automated exo fan.

"guess i'm just cold blooded."

in just one day, they had begun regular conversations.

but haechan was intensely sweating under his hoodie. he felt his fresh cuts in contact with his sweat. he was green with envy looking at somi with a simple graphic tshirt and denim shorts.

he suddenly felt a cool breeze hit his face.

"thanks."

somi pursed her lips together. she was hoping for a bigger thank you.

somi grabbed haechan's hands. somi had a sudden urge to.

odd.

her hands were now chilly from the fans but his hands were burning. it almost felt like fire sparking.

but it soon turned into this one gooey mess.

they balanced each other like yin and yang.

hot & cold turned lukewarm,

that was until haechan retracted his hand from hers.

"sorry," somi stuttered feeling heat rise to her cheeks.

she fiddled with her thumbs tapping her feet rapidly trying to rid the embarrassment.

but, she shouldn't have done that

because it showed vulnerability.

haechan noticed but just shrugged his shoulders in response.

he pulled out his sketchbook before plugging in his earphones and left the world he was in before.

the teacher stopped caring for haechan.

as long as he was maintaining his partial scholarship, it wasn't important if he didn't listen in class. he had raised most of the class average anyways.

the rest of the class was silent from then on.

somi occasionally drew her attention to haechan's sketches.

lily fields. endless amounts.

she paid attention to the little purses of his lips, messy hair that effortlessly fell down covering part of his face, frequent pauses holding his pencil, scratches to his head and occasionally nibbling his pencil.

thus, somi's naivety brought her never to see that lilies represented death.

[EDITED]