y

"i want to be alone,
alone with you does that make sense?"
billie ellish

• • •

saturday night, the day of somi and haechan's date.

she spent all her afternoon preparing for her date with haechan. pulling out clothes recklessly from her closet.

endless pieces of fabric thrown everywhere yet she still cried out,

"i have nothing to wear."

she pulled out a simple short ebony dress that hit her mid thigh. along with her dress, she grabbed a pair of rose pink heels.

ring.

"hello?"

"oh, hey!"

"i'm here outside your door."

"shi, i mean okay! see you soon."

somi ruffled her hair one last time staring at the circle mirror and sped down to the front door.

as she twisted the handle, she saw the boy,

in a pair of black jeans and a michael jackson shirt.

"oh. you seem quite formal."

somi's heart had stopped. the confident stance had quickly vanished as she felt a wave of embarrassment.

"here, take me to your closet and i can pick out clothes for you," he beamed.

and very soon, the closet that was thrashed apart by the eighteen year old girl was in front of them.

"wow, what did your closet ever do to you?" haechan giggled.

he walked over and threw a piece of clothing.

she wondered where that had come from. she didn't recall ever finding that in the closet but it looked expensive yet simple.

"thanks!"

as she wore the adidas outfit, it fit her like a glove. tight and snug.

haechan gave himself silent applause for not listening to mark hyung and jaemin instead.

he grabbed her hand and dragged her downstairs but looked at her stilettos.

"oh no. wear sneakers."

so somi opted out her heels for her white nikes.

"why aren't we taking your car?"

"oh you know, fresh air and all that jazz," he muttered.

and together, they walked off into the darkness.