19. bonding pt. 2

after all the other guys left, Johnny, Pony, and i took the couch. "since you wanted to go to the movie house, let's watch a couple movies! it'll kill time before we head to the drive-in," i insist. "i get to pick the movie," Pony got up and started rummaging through the closet for a movie.

Johnny quietly sat on the couch while Pony couldn't decide whether to watch Romeo & Juliet or It. "ok, so i ain't sittin' through Romeo & Juliet. let's watch It," i say. "you ok with it Johnny?" Pony asks. "yeah," Johnny said. Pony puts the movie in and we sit there while the vhs gets warmed up.

"i'll go make popcorn," i say and go to the kitchen. after i see we have no corn in the fridge, i facepalm myself. how could Darry forget to buy corn? i thought to myself.

"bad news. we have no corn. good news. i'm a really good shoplifter," i smirk. Pony and Johnny clapped their hands together. "your one of the best shoplifters, Shy," Pony smiled. "who's the best?" i ask. "Dally," Johnny says quickly. "oh you're gonna get it," i joke, then i started chasing Johnny playfully. turns out, Johnny's a pretty good runner. but i accidently slidetackled him to the ground once or twice, but he laughed it off and kept running. i could hear Pony hollering in the backround, "hurry Johnny! she's gaining on ya!"

when i finished chasing Johnny, the movie was warmed up and ready to play. Pony almosted pressed play, but i stopped him in time. "i gotta head to the store, ya want popcorn, don't you?" i question him. "of course i do!" he says. "hurry up! i've never seen this movie before," Johnny yells quietly. "see ya," i yell before running out the door.

i made a quick stop at the DX to say hi to Soda and Steve. but they looked real busy so i just left it. i was making my way to the local supermarket when i noticed some cop cars in the distance. their lights were on and i could hear the sirens. there was about 3 or 4 cop cars. i decided to check it out. of course i knew i had to get back to Pony and Johnny, but i don't know, something just told me to check out the police trouble.

once i was close enough to see what was going on, i let out a huge groan. i should've known Dally got caught robbing a store. i started to walk towards him, then i froze once i saw what was in Dally's hand. it was a heater.

then something happened. something that i should've expected. i guess i didn't because the realization of what happened hit me like a brick. Dally had been shot. and he wasn't getting back up. i screamed as loud as i could. i ran to Dally. i broke down next to him. i looked towards the police. "GET HIM TO A HOSPITAL NOW!!" i screamed at the top of my lungs. the officers sprinted to Dally and carefully picked him up and threw him in a car. they drove off without me.

i was still on my knees when the cops drove off. then i realized i had to get home to Pony and Johnny. i forgot that i intended to get corn for a movie.