8. hungover

i woke up from a splitting headache, i knew instantly i was hungover. i don't really remember anything. i was drunk for a good amount of time. i crawled out of bed and almost tripped over Dally. he was still passed out on the floor. the clock read 9:41 and the sun was shining through the window so i knew it was morning. i kicked Dally. he only grunted and rolled over, so i kicked him again. he woke up, and pouted while i dragged him down the stairs and to Buck's t-bird.

"where are we going again?" Dally whined. "back to headquarters," i tell him. "and where the hell is that?" "my house," i say annoyed. Dallas can be really dumb, well maybe its cause he's hungover. i started speeding until i saw the lights of a cop car behind me. i rolled my eyes super dramatically and veered left into an alley. i recognized it as the alley where Dally beat up the kid. my poor driving caused Dally to bump his arms against the door and his head against the windshield. i finally found the end of the alley and drove through the gate blocking the exit. the cops still on me, i decided to pull over, but i wasn't gonna get ticketed.

the deputy walked up to me and started askin' me for my registration and everything and i was stalling. "sorry, miss. you were speeding, you gotta pay for the consequences," he said. "um, i don't think so. ya gotta catch me first," after i said that i sped off and turned into my neighborhood. i parked in front of someone else's house so the cops couldn't find where i lived. i dragged Dally out of the car and slung his arm around my shoulders. he seemed weak from being hungover and my terrible driving.

i finally reached the doorstep and i didn't have to knock. Soda opened the door right away and took Dally off me. "we were so worried about you Shyla! i didn't find you in your room, and i panicked. i didn't know what to do, i couldn't call the cops cuz they would take Pony away-" "shh. be quiet, i'm back now. so stop your worryin'. get Dally on the couch, he's hungover." Soda and i went inside and i got covered in hugs and stuff like that. Pony and Two said sorry to me way too much. i was actually getting pretty uncomfortable cuz of it.

"how ya feelin' Dally?" i ask. "terrible, i hadn't gotta smoke all day. but Darry won't let me in the house," he says. "not smoking ain't gonna kill ya," i tell him. he rolls his eyes at me and turns the other way. i leave him be and head to the kitchen for some cake. "Soda! is there anymore cake?" i yell. "ask Steve or Two-bit!" he yells back. god only knows where Steve is, so i find Two-bit and ask, "is there anymore cake?" "probably, look in the fridge," he replies. i look in the fridge and i see one last piece. Steve is gonna be upset, i think to myself. i grab the piece and leave the tray in there cuz i know that Darry hates it when people leave an empty tray in the fridge.

"want some, Dal?" i offer Dally some cake, but he yanks it out of my hand pigs out. "i'll take that as a yes," i giggle.

___________________
a.n.
sorry this chapter is VERY short but i needed to update sooooo
___________________