27. short chapter warning

Dally and i talked for a little bit. it was really nice. i think i might've fixed him. Dally was closed off until i started talking to him. i love him a lot, and i'm happy for him. "hey, can i ask you something?" Dally asked. "yeah, what is it?" i said back. "ok first of all, i really like you. i feel like i can talk to you about anything. even Johnny couldn't get me to talk. but you did, and i appreciate you for that. now here's the question: will you be my girlfriend?" my heart skipped. almost immediately, i yelled, "yes! of course i will!" i jumped up and gave him a really big hug. "careful, i'm still in the hospital," Dally smiled. i pecked his cheek and smiled back. "i'm not cutsie like this. better enjoy it," i laugh.

i left the hospital and it was already night time. i didn't know what time it was, so i ran all the way home.

most of the neighborhood was dark. my house had it's lights on. i opened the door to see Ponyboy and Darry sleeping on the couch. Darry had his arms around Pony. it was sweet-lookin'. i heard rustling in the kitchen and i walked in to see Steve in the fridge. "what are you doing, Steve?" i asked. "nothin'. i'm just hangin' out." "what time is it?" "i don't keep track!" Steve said bitterly. he was cranky when he was tired. i just decided to go to bed. i had school tomorrow and Dally was gettin' outta the hospital!

sorry for the short chapter, i don't have much time to write today.