15. a visit

Shyla's POV

i woke up in my bed. my head was pounding and my arm was numb. someone put me in my bed at home, last i checked i was on the street getting my ass whooped by the socs. i looked at my numb arm and there was a huge cut right down the middle. it was cut so deep i could see the bone. i was afraid to move it. "SODA!!! DALLY!!!!"

they both came running in. "Dally, get back on the couch. you're still hurt," Soda said sternly. "do you think i care?" Dally said with attitude. they started getting into a little argument, which i so kindly interupted. "shut your traps, idiots. get me to a doctor. i also think you need a doctor too, Dal." Soda looked confused, "i thought you hated the doctor." i glared at him. "if you had a gash in your arm so deep you could see the bone, would you just shrug it off and continue with your life? hell no! get in the truck."

i could tell that Soda didn't like me and Dally together. he was tense the entire car ride to the hospital, like he expected us to make out in front of him. "Soda can you drive faster? my arm's bleeding," i say breaking the silence. "fine," he said while stomping his foot on the gas.

we make it safely to the hospital and Soda checks Dally and i in. i sat down in the waiting area and got lots of dirty looks from the other people waiting. i look down at my arm and it was bleeding a lot more. i had a short sleeve shirt on so everyone could see it. "sorry," i said loud enough for all of em to hear. Dally sits next to me and the people look even more frightened. i bet they'd rather sit next to my arm then sit next to Dallas Winston, the heartless hood.

after what seems like hours of waiting, a nurse calls our names. i walk with my head down to the room she leads us to. Soda sits in a chair and Dallas and i sit on the bed. "i see you have a nice cut in your arm, what happened?" the nurse asks me. "i'd rather not say. kinda private," i reply. she skims through her list and looks at Dally. "and you're here for just a check-up, Mr. Winston," she says in a deeper voice. Dally  snaps his fingers and points at the nurse, "yup."

the nurse, which i learned her name was Brenda, got me changed out of my clothes and into a gown. i yelped a couple of times because if you didn't know, gashes in arms hurt like hell. i got in the bed and Brenda came in with a needle. i looked at Soda and his eyes darted to the needle and back at me. he looked worried for me. then i looked at Dally who was sitting in the chair next to Soda. "you doin' alright Shy?" Dally asked me. i must've looked as pale as i felt.

after nurse Brenda took my blood pressure and all that jazz, she took the big ass needle in her hand. in her other one, a moist towelette. she wiped my arm down, then she slowly put the needle closer to my arm. "i'm going to need to relax, hun," she said softly. i shut my eyes and before i knew it, a sharp pain hit me where she stuck the needle. i looked at Dally before going into a very deep sleep.