Chapter 1: Joseon's Lone Witch

Year 1392, the Joseon era was being ruled by the King Kap-Soo, a very wise and just ruler of the last Dynasty. He has a son, the crown prince Jaejoong who was opposite to his father's disposition. The crown prince was quite ambitious for his own good and wanted to rule the nation as soon as possible.

"No. You're not ready yet." The King stated."You're still too ignorant and selfish to rule this country! And we have to dosomething about that nature of yours." 

The King stood up from his High chair, feeling frustrated towards his son's plea. The king and his son were alone inside the palace throne room. Jaejoong had asked his father for his blessing to becoming the King of Joseon but the King Kap-soo had a different plan prepared in his mind for his impractical son.

"What are you implying, father?" Jaejoong asked, his face full of distaste and worry.

"General Park Hyunsik has a sister and everyone says that she's quite the beauty. General Hyunsik is an important asset to the dynasty and so, I decided for you to marry his sister." The King declared.

"I am to be wed to a mere soldier's sister?" Jaejoong looked aghast.

"If you wanted to earn my blessing, then you don't have a choice, son. You are to be wed to General Hyunsik's sister whether you like it or not."

Jaejoong was furious. The idea of marrying someone especially to Hyunsik's sister was demented for him. He especially didn't like the idea of Hyunsik's name being brought by his own father. You see, Jaejoong was feeling inferior about his father's favour towards the general.

***

"So, how's the preparation going, your highness?" Lee Joong Gi, the crown prince's most trusted friend asked, sounding very amused by the current situation. "It's not that bad. Sandara Park is quite the beauty and it's not like they aren't nobles."

"Shut up, Joong Gi." Jaejoong snarled towards his friend. "Don't forget about her being the sister of your worst enemy. I can't believe that I am marrying Hyunsik's sister next week."

By the mere mention Hyunsik's name, Joongi Gi's mood suddenly went sour. Joong Gi was also a skilled warrior but Hyunsik was more talented than he was and even had accomplished so many things that the King even made him the general of the Joseon army. And with this reason, Joong Gi started to loathe everything about Hyunsik.

"We have to do something about my father, Joong Gi." Jaejoong stated, giving his friend a meaningful look. "And if we do, think of everything that you could have. I could even make you the general."

"Now, who wouldn't get tempted with that kind of offer, your highness?" Joong Gi smirked.

***

One week later: