eight ; i'm here

" I'M HERE "

" I'M HERE "

" we will be alright, i'll be by your side, i won't let you down - but i gotta know, no matter how things go, that you'll be around "

TRIGGER WARNING (i wrote this two years ago when i was very much unaware of how important they were):
there's a very descriptive scene of abuse that people may be triggered by, so if that's your case i suggest you skip ahead to the next onehsot 👋

_

sleepovers with the losers were always fun. they watched movies till the break of dawn and always talked about anything and everything. that's why they all got very excited when beverly invited them over on saturday night to have one of those sleepovers. her dad was going to be out late so everything would be okay, that's what the redhead had promised.

they were currently sharing a huge mattress, with their own sleeping bags, watching random movies that beverly had in her house. everything was great, they were joking around as always, watching the movies with complete awe at times.

stan and bill were sharing the couch (they always called dibs and when they didn't, they only assumed they had so it was theirs either way), mike was on the left side of the mattress, and right next to him were ben and beverly, snuggling against each other and last but not least, richie and eddie. they were laying dangerously close to each other, and they both knew it. but neither of them would've made a move for the life of them. richie didn't think eddie liked him in a romantic way and vice versa.

all this time, eddie had been supporting his head on his hand and his hand on his elbow which was placed on his pillow, but since he was feeling a little sleepy he decided to fully lay down which left his in a position where it was incredibly easy to admire richie's jawline.

his eyes went from his jawline to his cheeks and then his nose, and the few freckles he could see in the dark. he smiled sadly, hating the fact that he was such a coward for not scooting closer. or better yet, for not admitting his feelings!

richie chuckled at the movie and eddie couldn't help but chuckle himself, even though he had no idea of what was happening on screen by this point.

but his thoughts were harshly interrupted by a loud thud and a loud voice. "bevvy i'm home!"

eddie got up quickly and the first thing that she saw was beverly's wide eyes, and how they lacked of feeling whatsoever. she quickly turned towards her friends. "take your stuff and go to the kitchen, this will only take a minute - please." she cut herself off when she saw ben was about to say something. "it'll be fine."