thirty nine ; this side of paradise

" THIS SIDE OF PARADISE "

" know the water's sweet but blood is thicker, oh if the sky comes falling down for you, there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do "

_

ADULT AU !

richie and eddie could try to argue with anyone, but it was a given that they were supposed to happen. the only thing that would've stopped it would be the sudden death of one of them. but since, of course, they both made the final fight alive and well, they happened.

it was no surprise that, after pennywise's long awaited death, richie muttered a quick oh, come here come here as he wrapped his arms around eddie's rather petite torso and kissed him full on the mouth for the very first (and certainly not last) time, adrenaline rushing through his veins as he felt eddie practically squish his cheeks with his hands desperately.

it was also no surprise that they were practically stuck together as they walked out of neibolt; eddie had both of his shaky arms wrapped around richie's left arm and every now and then, richie would lean over to his side and kiss the top of the shorter man's scalp. eddie would kiss his shoulder lovingly in return.

they were both too shaky and jumpy to let things go further that night, but one thing was sure and certain: eddie and richie could not and would not let go of each other that night. richie slept with eddie in the latter's room at the motel.

"i love you." eddie murmured against richie's sharp jawline as they laid in the dark, under the covers, legs tangled, breathing softly against the other one's skin.

"i love you, too." richie pulled eddie even closer by the waist and started kissing eddie's neck slowly and lazily. he could hear eddie sigh in content.

i was even less of a surprise when eddie decided the next morning that he had to divorce his wife. he just had to.

"just... just promise me that you're not gonna get divorced for me." richie had told eddie as they sat together on richie's bed, fingers intertwined, foreheads connected. "you gotta get divorced for you, man. and you know it." richie stroked eddie's cheek, emphasizing the place of love from which he was coming.

"i know. trust me. it's just... i never had anything to look forward to if i ever made the choice to file for divorce. but now... now there's you." eddie blushed with those three last words.

"you bet your ass there's me." richie smiled. "now get over here and kiss me."

and you know what else wasn't a surprise? that eddie wouldn't be ready to go back to myra just yet. he needed time to figure his own personal shit out, in a place that he could actually call home. fortunately, he knew how that felt, and richie reminded him of it every time they were close. so eddie decided to go back to los angeles with richie for a couple weeks tops before actually confronting myra in new york.