seventeen ; cavetown

" CAVETOWN "

" CAVETOWN "

" 'cause we're the bitterest boys in town, yeah we're the bitterest guys around and i got myself a citrus friend "

_

richie tozier and eddie kaspbrak were best friends. they spoke to each other on the phone, wether it was after school or on weekends. they could spend hours and hours talking (this time, in person) about anything and everything. it had been like that for over three years.

but richie still felt like some pieces from his eddie puzzle were missing, and he wasn't sure how to find them. or even worse, if eddie would be okay with him finding them. but he wants to, so badly.

because he's aware of how much he loves the smaller boy. he loves him more than he's every loved anybody else in this world. and he couldn't think of a way of letting him know.

but soon he'd realize, he didn't have to do anything. because eddie had been thinking about it too.

richie and eddie were sitting on eddie's bed, letting a comfortable silence linger in the air. until eddie and his troubled mind decided to break that silence. "listen rich," he said, making the taller boy look at him abruptly. "i've, uh... i've been meaning to talk to you about something."

richie perked up in obvious curiosity. "well shit eds. keep talkin'." he encouraged him.

"don't call me that." eddie mumbled, trying to hide a smile but his mind still focused of whatever he was about to say. "the thing is... i've been doing a lot of thinking."

oh boy, me too richie thought, trying not to get too hopeful.

"... and i've realized that i've never really been able to be a hundred percent open and honest with you, rich. and that sucks because, i mean, you're my best friend and i should be able to be totally and completely honest w -"

"eds." richie spoke up, not really wanted to hear eddie ramble on about how bad of a friend he was (which he wasn't!). "whatever you share or don't share with me is up to you, and up to you only. i get it, it's no big deal." he'd never admit that he thought eddie was kind of right in what he was saying.

"but it is for me ." eddie said, gently holding richie's arm between his delicate and small fingers. "i really want to tell you everything that goes through my mind because you deserve it more than anyone and i didn't know how to give you that right... until a few days ago." and suddently, the smaller boy got up and walked towards his desk, quickly opening a drawer. he took out a mixtape, and handed to richie who grabbed it hesitantly.