|24| Birthday Bash

"What time are people coming again?" I ask Emily

"In like twenty minutes."

"Oh, yeah. Cool cool. We can totally finish this up in twenty minutes. I mean moms not even back with the cake yet, but yeah."

"Brook, you stress way to much over this kind of stuff. It's a birthday party for a six year old, and there aren't even that many more people coming. Just some family we have on the island."

"I know. But you know how I like everything perfect- OH STEVE!" I say getting side tracked. "Will you please hang this banners from the deck? Make sure they're even." I see him look over at Emily and smile and back at me.

"Of course."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Nothing."

"I am not going crazy over this, okay? I just want it to look good."

"If it looks half as good as you, I'm sure it will look great."

"Oh my god, I haven't even done my makeup yet."

"Oh boy. Okay, Brook. Go inside and get ready. We got this. I promise." Emily says to me.

"I don't believe you, but I'm gonna have to trust you." I go to walk past Steve and he grabs my arm. "Hmm?"

"This party is going to be great. His sixth birthday party will be unforgettable. Just breath." He says putting his hands on my shoulder.

"Right. Breath. Okay. Yes, I am going to go get dressed and I will be back out in a few."

"Okay, baby." I give him a quick peck on the lips and go up the stairs. 

I go inside and fast walk into the bedroom to do my hair and makeup. I do it in record time and get ready in fifteen minutes and hurry and put on a pair of cut off blue jeans with a light blue tank top with palm trees on it. I look in the mirror, taking a deep breath, and then go back outside. I walk outside and see a few people I didn't know. Probably distant family my mom got in contact with. There was one person though that looked very familiar from the back, but I couldn't figure out who it was.

"There you are." She says turning around and looking at me. My face lights up with excitement.

"TEAGAN!" I yell as I run over to her and hug her.

"Hiiii." She says laughing.

"I didn't know you were coming!"

"Of course! Emily called me after you told her I was in Hawaii and told me you guys were throwing a birthday party for Alex at your dads old place and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to come back here again."

"This is amazing! Everyone is here...at dads old house. Where we all grew up. And now we have all of these new additions that we get to make new memories here with. I just, I'm just so happy." I say with tears forming in my eyes.