Chapter 73

*Mandy's P.O.V*

"And now. The third place winner of Blackberry Center Teen Pagent is...." The judge paused to create anticipation. I, somehow, still stood high in this God forsaken pagent, being one of the top three. After four painfully tight dresses and impossible to walk in high heels, I knocked out 27 other "models" one by one.

But yet when I look over to my parents, they never smiled. They were never happy that I crawled my way to the top in the state that I'm in. They stared at the stage with a blank expression, not even sighing when it was break time. It's like I'm never enough. I know I'm never enough. I know I'll never satisfy them, and as long as I never satisfy them, they'll keep on beating me.

Life is fun. I chuckled at my sarcastic joke.

"Mandy!"

My heart dropped.

This couldn't be happening.

I was frozen in place, I didn't know what to do. I can't accept that award! They will literally kill me. I looked over to the MC and the pretty model beside him, they were waving to me with big smiles on their face to come over, but I couldn't. I glanced over to my parents.

Their eyes were dark. Their faces were blank, and I could feel the disappointment.

I slowly walked over to the MC as people started to clap, disregarding the fact that both of my parents are staring daggers into my soul. There is no doubt that they're going to beat me once we get home. The model handed me the trophy whole the MC handed me the big boque of flowers with a golden envelope.

"Mandy, smile here please!" The cameraman called, a so did three others, snapping their fingers towards me. I put on a fake smile, holding the boque of slower close to my bruised up chest. Many pictures were taken, that I wish weren't. All this makeup and fancy clothes paired with a fake smile. This isn't me.

This isn't the Mandy who loves to go out a run in the rain. This isn't the Mandy that loves to get dirty and plays like a child. This isn't the Mandy who's obsessed with anime and loves to play soccer.

This is not me.

But yet, the old me is long gone.

--

The other two were awarded first and second, having a full blown photoshoot. We eventually had a to take a picture together, and each one of us could feel the fake smiles on each other's faces. We didn't want to do this, but our hard headed parents forced us to. Backstage, we were dressing out of our unbareabale dresses, and the first and second place winner opened up to me and showed me their scars. And vice versa. They showed me the bruises on their necks covered with make up, I showed them the big scar on my arm. They knew what I was going through, but yet we couldn't even help ourselves, nevermind help each other.

"Yeah, and this shirt," the first place winner started, putting on her shirt, "I swear my mom got it from the kids section. It's way too tight." She tried to fit her head into the very small hole. Instead of it being a shirt, it was now a crop top. Me and the other girl chuckled, putting on our tight clothes as well.

"Don't worry girl, these jeans can't even fit me. But because of my abnormal diet, I can squish into them."

"Wait, you're on a diet too?" I said in shock. The two girls in front of me chuckled, finishing up getting ready.

"Been on one since my mom found out this shit existed."

"Same." The first place winner added, "Mom wouldn't even let me eat-" the door suddenly opened, and a head popped out. We stayed quite, pretending like we didn't even know each other. Our parents can't find us talking to each other, that's a one way ticket to death right there.