Chapter 25

*Signe's P.O.V*

I sipped on my large Seven Up with a short sigh. I was chilling with Mark at the mall, walking around to waste time when a sudden rush of sadness ran over me. I know it's common for people to just automatically feel sad randomly because that's how they are, but the type of sadness I felt wasn't related to what I'm doing, but more than who I with. It's been a long time since I've been seeing someone, the first and last one being in grade five, and the relationship only lasting three days. And seeing my friends like Molly and Wade, Bob and Mandy, in relationships, it reminds me of actually lonely I am. It's not like a want a boyfriend right here, right now, but it would be nice to find someone to send me affection once in a while to remind me that I'm not the only one in this world alone.

"Singe!" Mark called, knocking me out of my little inner speech. I looked back at him, startled, obviously, as he looked at me with those chocolate brown eyes, worried for my being.

"Uh, yeah?" I asked, unsure what we were talking about before I went off to my own world inside my head.

"Come on, the bell rang." He repiled, grabbed and interwinding our fingers together as he pulled me out of the mall. Suddenly, there was this tingly feeling in my chest. My heart was pumping faster and I felt my face fluster. My body was getting hotter and it was getting harder for me to breath. This feeling..... I've never felt it in years, so now why is it back? There's no one here who I like, no one in particular that I find an interest in. Unless I'm thinking of.....

Blasphemy! Snap out of it Signe! Mark is like a brother to you, you can't do this! He's pobably seeing someone anyways, and it's not nice to just get between someone else's relationship.

"Hey, you alright?" My head snapped in his direction as we walked up the stairs, entering the high school. Did I fall into another one of my inner monologues? "You've been dazing off a lot, and your face is really red."

"Yeah," I partially lied, "you know me, I usually go off to my own world's, and my skin is natural that red." I avoided any eye contact with him, glaring the other way so he wouldn't see my face. What is wrong with me now? Even I could notice that I'm not acting like myself.

"Alright then, if you say so. But if something's acually bothering you, you can always tell me." I hesitantly looked back at him to see him flash smile at me, showing his perfectly white teeth. I immediately turned my head back around, getting more flustered than usual, speed walking to my locker and getting my things for Math. I headed off to class, ten minutes before the bell rung.

On my way to class, I passed by Marzia and Felix, and oddly, they didn't call out or say hi to me. I was too bothered with my own problems an emotions go say hi, so we only looked at each other while I contiuned my walk to class, brushing my brown hair out of my face as I walked faster, almost running.  What's happening today? Everything and eveyone is acting up today. Did I miss a memo or something?

Entering the class, I went to on open seat at the back and sighed as I eased into my chair.

"Signe, you're here early. Something wrong?" The teacher, who was erasing work on the chalkboard, asked with her back faced to me.

"N-no, everything's alright." I lied once again. Everything is not alright, and it's starting to freak and stress me out. I swear, I'm going to have grey hairs by the end of the day.

I flipped open my textbook to the new lesson, getting a head starts as the bell rung and more bodies started to enter the room.

A few minutes later, we were assigned out work for today, and was giving the rest of this class as a big work period to basically finish everything that we didn't complete. I was doing the new homework on the board, but I couldn't focus. I was too busy over thinking about what the hell happened so far today, twirling my lead pencil between my fingers.

Oi! Get out of it! You have work to do, stop daydreaming!! Put your feeling aside for now, you need to focus on your work. I told myself. Suddenly, I slammed my mechanical pencil on the black table beneath me and stood up, facing the direction of the teacher. The people around were shocked at my sudden actions, but I didn't mind, nor care.

"Miss, can I go to the washroom?" I asked, unintentionally raising my voice in annoyance because of how much of an idiot I'm being right now. The teacher only nodded, shocked and scared about my current state.

Instantly, I picked up my phone from the table, slipped it in my pocket and rushed to the restroom, pushing and sliding past anyone that got in my way. Once I entered the washroom, I went to the first open skin and looked at myself for a quick minute, before turning on the faucet and slashing cold water on my face, which woke me up.

"Get it fucking together Signe, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" I practically yelled at myself at the mirror, griping onto the skin hard that my knuckles were slowly turning white.

"Come on, get out of this stupid state, dumbass!" I splashed some more cold water on my face before wiping it off with the sleeves of my sweater, leaving the bathroom, and just my luck, I bumped into the person who I want to be the farthest away from, especially today.

"Woah, you ok?" Mark asked as once our body collided, I flew backwards and on to the wall. I healed my head in pain, and looked at him, about to tell him off until my dull eyes met his warm brown eyes. I instantly got lost in them, not caring about who was looking at us. I quickly snapped out of it before anything else could happen, or anyone could catch us. With my red as a fire truck face, I looked away from him, sliding under him and out of his grip.

"Uh, y-yeah..." was all I weakly said before running down back to class, afraid that he saw me blushing like crazy. I slid back into my seat and almost threatened myself to bang my head on the table for how much of a complete idiot I'm being.

(at this point, everyone and thier mothers are quacking, don't even think of denying it)