Adding to the Arsenal

Okay, OKAY. So last chapter you were all like "FIRE THE CANONS!" See what I did there? Yang would be proud. So you want a canon romance. Okay, that's fine. But who should I place in the cannon to fire at you? No? Bad analogy. Got it. Point is: WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE YOUR ROMANCE? FYI, NOT DOING A HAREM UNLESS EVERYONE WANTS A HAREM. 

GO CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY. "THE BLACK MAIDEN.' PLEASE, IT NEEDS READS AND IT'S WRITTEN IN A NEW AND UNIQUE WAY. THANK YOU.

---(Y/N)---

     I leaned against the wall in the ballroom, thinking to myself like I always do. Ruby, Weiss, and Yang were all prepping the ballroom for the dance. Well, Yang and Weiss were. Ruby was sulking at one of the circular tables. Can't say I blame her, though. Despite my unending wisdom, Blake was still hitting the books. No, that's an understatement. She's mutilating and raping the books. She's still set in that heroic mindset, same as Jaune was. It's fine. Worse comes to worst she'll just learn the hard way. 

     A slamming noise broke me from my thoughts. Looking towards Ruby's table, I saw Weiss there smiling, a white cloth under either hand. "I need you to pick a tablecloth." 

"Aren't they both the same?" Ruby and I asked at the same time. I was too quiet to be heard, however. Weiss scoffed, crushing one of the cloths in her right hand. 

"I don't even know why I asked!"

"Pilot, according to scans, the first cloth was White (No. 282) while the second shade was (OC-117)." 

"And you know this why?"

"I did not program the information myself, pilot." I turned my attention back to Ruby and noticed Yang there. 

     "So - have you picked out a dress yet?" She asked Ruby. The girl in question, who was currently sitting with her head down turned it to look in her sister's direction. 

"What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?"

"Oh don't worry; She's going," Yang reassured her. Suddenly, she turned away with an annoyed look on her face. "Weiss! I thought we agreed! No doilies!" Weiss quickly stomped up to her pointing a finger to the taller girl. 

"If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!" The large double doors on the other side of the room opened to reveal Sun and Neptune. 

"Your dance is gonna have fog machines?" The blue-haired one asked. And queue the jazz.

"We were thinking about it," Weiss said, her hands held in front of her.

"That's pretty cool." Neptune flashed a smirk at the heiress.

"You ladies all excited for dress up?" Sun asked, walking up next to his friend. 

"Pfff. Yeah right." Ruby raised her head briefly from her hand before placing it back. 

"Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night." Yang smirked, crossing her arms. 

"What are you two wearing?" Weiss asked, looking at the two newcomers.

"Psh, uh, this." Sun gestured to his open white buttoned-down shirt and jeans. Neptune stepped in front of him.

"Ignore him, for he knows not what he says."

"Hey, I might have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in vacuo." Sun thumbed at himself. "It's not exactly a shirt and tie kind of place."

"Yeah, we've noticed," Yang said, a much less entertained look on her face. Sun then appeared to grow nervous, evident as he rubbed the back of his head.