Memories That Don't Exist

HOW THE ROMANCE WILL WORK: first off, I know not everyone wanted one, and not everyone liked who was chosen. For this reason, it'll be a long subtle development and you WON'T be banging every other chapter.

Before she announced, however, I need some reassurance. I need to know that you as the readers won't stop reading/unfollow because the girl you wanted wasn't chosen. The new guns, however, will be in this chapter. Yay.

---(Y/N)---

It was the night of the dance. Students were out and dressed in their best as they walked - some in pairs - together to the ballroom. You, however, were not. Still the pilot jumpsuit, you sat at a workbench in your hangar, cleaning out the filthy barrel of your newly found Kraber AP Sniper Rifle. On your desk in front of you was the already cleaned R-201 assault rifle, fully loaded. Thankfully the dropship already had a full supply of ammo, so you wouldn't have to waste time making bullets.

"You should attend the dance, pilot," Osiris said. Again.

"Again, no. I've got better things to worry about."

"Pilot, your weapons can be sanitized at a later time and there is not much you can do to repair the goblin. You also told Ms. Belledonna to be careful about how she spends her time. It would be hypocritical to then spend all of your time working on weapons."

"This is different. She's worried about criminals. I just have work that needs doing."

" . . . You should go to the dance, pilot."

---(1st)---

I groaned, slamming my head on my desk. Why is he being so persistent? "Pilot, General Ironwood is attending. If he can make the time, so can you."

"I'm not getting out of this, am I?"

"Pilot, you have thought about fighting and survival nonstop since our arrival. Participation may be a good change of pace." As he finished, I looked down the barrel of the rifle (which had been detached from the rest of the gun) before sighing. What have I got myself into?

---(Ruby)---

Ruby walked up to the large open double doors of Beacon's ballroom, though not without difficulty. The high heels Yang had picked out for her, along with the entire outfit, were making things quite difficult for the young girl as she made her way over. "Oh, you look beautiful!!" Yang says, clapping her hands cheerfully as Ruby walked in the doors.

"Uh, can we have a serious talk about how Weiss fights in these?" Ruby complained, emitting a laugh from her sister as she struggled to walk. A few minutes later, Ruby was standing alone by the punch bowl as Blake and Sun walked in together, but split apart when Yang took the cat faunus to the dance floor first. They shared a quick dance, Yang then being replaced by Sun as she went to join Ruby followed by Weiss.

"I told you she would come," Yang said.

"Mission accomplished," Weiss followed.

"So, what do we do now?" Ruby asked, turning to her teammates.

"Just have fun!" Yang waved her sister off before walking away, Weiss doing the same when she noticed another one of her friends.

"Does that mean I can change out of these stupid things and into my hood now?" Ruby practically yelled, her arms out in front of her in frustration. When there was no response, she started to awkwardly turn back to the dance floor. "Stupid lady stilts."

"Not enjoying yourself?" A voice asked from behind. Ruby's eyes widened before she turned around to see headmaster Ozpin walking up beside her.