Making "Friends"

Just curious about something - after looking at this story's stats, it seems that the number of completed reads, votes, comments, etc, is going down as the story goes on. 

Has this story decreased in quality since the beginning?

     "We did it! We did it! I can't believe we actually did it!" Ruby continuously cheered as she and the rest of her team walked out of the weapons locker room. 

"Aw come on, sis! We had that from the very beginning! They never stood a chance." Yang smirked, beating her fists together.

"Oh hush, Yang." Weiss started. "We may have won that battle, but that doesn't mean the next will be as easy." 

"Are you sure 'easy' is the word to use?" Blake inquired, raising a brow at the heiress. 

"Ah, it doesn't matter!" Ruby cut in. "For our first match, I think we did okay!"

"It wasn't bad, but it would be a stretch to say you didn't have things to work on," said a familiar voice. The four girls turned their heads to the right to the speaker who was currently leaning against the wall. Yang was the first to react, frustratedly without a doubt. She knew he might have shown up, but she never expected him to actually be there. Of course, before she could say anything-

"(Y/N)!" Ruby moved faster than her sister could register and was in front of him in the blink of an eye. "You came!" The red-head stood before the pilot with a giant smile. 

"Mhm." (Y/N) sighed. "In the flesh."

"Seriously? Why are you even here?" Yang asked in protest, moving toward the two before her. 

"Hang on, Yang." A pale hand gripped the blond's arm. This was the hand of the ever-defiant Weiss. "What exactly do we have to work on? I mean, far be it for me to protest your infinite wisdom, but I'm curious to know what kind of advice you could give us." 

(Y/N) shrugged. "If you insist." He pushed off the wall and started walking. "Talk and walk, girls, there are places to be." The members of team RWBY looked uneasily at each other before reluctantly following. "I'll start with Blake."

"Me?" The cat faunus asked from the back of the group. 

"Yes, you. You did fairly well against Reece. Your use of your clone was very clever in goading her into an opening. But when you hit her into the air and she came down wrong, she left herself completely exposed but you did nothing about it. Never give the enemy a second's rest. No matter how badly they're injured." Blake's eyes glazed partially as she began to ponder his words. 

"Yang! You're up next." (Y/N) declared, speaking again before she could. "Next time you get knocked onto the ice, don't look down at the ice. You gave that girl the perfect opening and, had it been in a real fight, you'd be dead."

"Well let's see you try it," Yang growled under her breath. 

"Ruby, number three." The pilot said. The shorter girl looked up at him in curiosity. "I saw your fight against bokken boy. Had he possessed any level of sense, he could have easily got the drop on you from behind. You would also be dead if this had been anything but a competitive competition. Secondly, when bokken boy jumped over your scythe swing, you sat there on one knee and yelled in frustration. I've seen you in actual fights. You have more than enough skill to have attacked him again. Your focus should always be on ki- neutralizing the enemy. Next time you get a chance to attack, take it." 

Saying Ruby wasn't slightly dejected would be a lie, but she took the words seriously.

"Well for your information, (Y/N), we can't all be ruthless and calculating in the middle of a fight!" Weiss protested.