Fun and Alcohol

Different question this time. I was asking around the RWBY Amino, and a few examples from this story I gave on the subject of violence were said to be too "generic", or "violent for the sake of being violent." This is due to the fact the Amino is 13+ and you can't really write anything descriptive. But the question here is: do you agree? Is some of the violence/ gory description in this story unnecessary?

  "Nope." Qrow chuckled before raising his blade and lunging. 

     Well. Today just got a whole lot more interesting, (Y/N) thought, barely dodging the tip of Qrow's blade as it went over his head. He turned his body from the limbo position he was in and boosted to the side into a roll that landed him facing his attacker. The pilot was nearly too late, however. (Y/N) dodged left then right, avoiding a pair of slashes before ducking under an overhead swing and corkscrew flipping over leg slash. Landing on his feet, (Y/N) clasped his hands together and brought them down hard in a hammer fist only for Qrow to dodge right and drive his foot into (Y/N)'s chest, sending him into a backward roll. The pilot recovered immediately, using his jump kit to power jump off the hangar wall left of him, shooting himself at his opponent feet first. 

     Qrow stuck his free arm out to block allowing (Y/N) to step onto it just in time for the huntsman to thrust with his sword leaving the width of the blade exposed and safe for (Y/N) to swing his other leg over and slide down. The slide thrusters of the jump kit activated, pushing the mercenary down the blade's length in under a second as he swung his leg again, feinting a kick for Qrow's head which the drunkard fortunately fell for, apparent when he moved his head backward. However, (Y/N) had swung his leg so it had met the one he used to step on Qrow's arm, sliding down the last few inches of the blade sideways, and delivering a punishing hip check to his opponent's face right as his head came back from the dodge.

     With Qrow knocked off balance, (Y/N) hopped away, performing a side roll that landed him facing the huntsman. Qrow had already recovered, however, resulting in the two charging each other. But when they got close enough, the pilot disappeared, having activated his phase shift module. The huntsman stopped, confused until an odd mechanical sound from behind led him to spin and slash, catching (Y/N) across the chest in an attack that would leave a mark on his body armor.

      (Y/N) rolled again, transferring the momentum away and coming out on his feet before charging at Qrow and phase-shifting once more, causing the drunkard to spin again in anticipation before hearing the mechanical sound again above. Qrow barely caught (Y/N)'s boot at the top of his field of vision. He reached for it, taking hold and dragging the pilot down before he was kicked in the chin by a backflip kick powered by the pilot's jump kit. 

     The mercenary hit the ground running, tapping into the power of alternative reality for the third time, cocking his fist back and not moving from his position in the slightest. Qrow thinks I'll just go behind him, he thought as he punched, deactivating phase-shift at the same time, returning to the material world with the man in question facing away from him and his knuckles just inches away from the back of Qrow's head. The punch connected before Qrow turned more than halfway. (Y/N) had no intension of giving him breath, however. Shifting again, the pilot moved to the drunkard's side and began to punch again. Despite the slight yet noticeable sideways movement (Y/N) made before shifting, the attack could not be dodged. The pilot's gloved fist connected to Qrow's nose causing the huntsman to stumble for a half-second that was used by the pilot to reactivate his shift module. 

     Knowing (Y/N) could be coming from any direction, Qrow was more prepared when he heard the mechanical noise behind him, leading him to launch his leg back. He felt a fist against the back of his head, but also the ball of his foot connecting with something solid. (Y/N) flew back before putting his feet down, skidding across the ground and sprinting at Qrow again. The huntsman did the same, bringing his sword around in a wide arc that hit nothing but air. He heard the phase shift sound behind him and kicked before spinning around to see nothing for the second time.